Advanced Grip Control

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Hi Members,
With the recent bad weather I wonder if anyone has had the opportunity to use Advanced Grip Control in snow conditions. If so, is it only of benefit when pulling away or of assistance throughout the journey. Also, does any member know if it would be better to stay in manual mode whilst using the AGC allowing one to stay in lower gears longer?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Redskinwhorton

Post by Redskinwhorton »

Had the car just a couple of week but with the snowy weather I have had the chance to use the grip control. I live on a slight rise and to my surprise the car just sailed up the slope without any wheel spin at all. So the answer to your question is yes it does help.
Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Thanks for your reply, it is reassuring to know that it would be useful in the snow. My last two cars have been four wheel drive and they were brilliant in the snow so I was a bit apprehensive about the Advanced Grip Control on the 3008.
Enjoy yours, I am really pleased with mine.

Wheelchap
Spb1948

Post by Spb1948 »

When I configured the car I thought that if we had snow just once that needed it then it was worth it, we have been snowed in here in years past so was worth thinking about, we have only had a couple of inches at worst this year but the car just went through it with no apparent issues. We have a hilly portion of the drive that gives problems but no issues the following days as the snow melt turned to covering of ice the car equally drove over it and up and down the rise with no issues, kept speed low say 20 mph and left in auto. Very pleased I chose to include the option.
Spb1948

Post by Spb1948 »

Again the extra dose of snow this past week has proven the value of the grip control, snow ice and worst of all icy slush the car takes it all in its stride. only had a slipping warning twice and very briefly only sad point is it wont go through two foot snowdrifts .. but that is asking too much.
Andyw

Post by Andyw »

Living in Scotland,we have had a bit of snow here, I found the car to be very responsive, and sticks to the road. I have been up a few steep hill and stopped halfway to test the I control, wow what a response, it just took off no problems