Traffic Alerts

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
MICKEYG11

Post by MICKEYG11 »

The traffic alerts do not work on my new 3008 GTI. Neither my dealer or Peugeot can get them to work. I’m wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

Hightower

Post by Hightower »

As long as you have the options ticked in the audio settings it should work.

Oh, by the way, they don’t work if you have DAB radio selected. Listen via FM and you should be fine!
MICKEYG11

Post by MICKEYG11 »

I have tried both DAB and FM, as has my dealer. Peugeot unable to address the problem. This is a disgraceful state of affairs
belfast4

Post by belfast4 »

Does activation of the Tom Tom traffic system not do away with the traffic announcement. It shows on the nav system any traffic problems there are by showing the roads a different colour and telling you down the right hand side of delays.
Captpeugeot

Post by Captpeugeot »

I am pleased with my Peugeot 3008, brilliant car but let down by the low quality radio system.

No Traffic Alerts if I listen to any DAB station. No traffic alerts from Radio 2, 3 or 4 on FM. The only traffic alerts I get are when tune to local BBC stations.

Interestingly if I stream music from my Iphone via bluetooth I get the traffic alerts no trouble.

This substandard radio equipment is disgraceful. in my previous car, a Ford, all the traffic alerts came through whatever I was listening to.
eddiereg

Post by eddiereg »

i've got the same problem. I am wondering if there is a fault or if i'm missing a trick somewhere.
no problems with my previous ford either. getting a bit P!!!!!!!d off
Tashira

Post by Tashira »

As someone has said I believe if you have TomTom activated the traffic is shown on your SatNav so you won’t get the RDS alert over the radio.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Tashira, I believe you are right. I don't get any alerts either but the activated traffic situation works extremely well. Trouble with RDS alerts is that when you are in unfamiliar areas you will hear something like 'severe delays at Junction X on the M123' and you won't have the vaguest idea where that is. Also some alerts are history by the time you get there whereas the live TomTom seem, in my experience, to be spot on.
eddiereg

Post by eddiereg »

TA is totally different to tom tom announcements. I'm sure it is a radio or Ariel problem somewhere
eddiereg

Post by eddiereg »

MICKEYG11 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:37 am I have tried both DAB and FM, as has my dealer. Peugeot unable to address the problem. This is a disgraceful state of affairs
I agree. Should work in both DAB and FM. I believe there is a fundamental fault with tie radio or Arial