Peugeot 3008 1.2 auto

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Geoffh

Post by Geoffh »

I would be very interested in members comments about the 3008 1.2 automatic.
I'm not really interested in how fast it goes and how quickly it gets to 62 mph.
I'm interested in how the gearbox works with the 1.2 engine and the ride comfort of the vehicle as I prefer not to have a ride which makes my teeth rattle!
My last two cars (Tiguan and Yeti) have had a DSG gearbox which I have to say is the best yet.... the next autos in order were Honda's i-Shift and Toyotas CVT in a RAV 4 and lastly Toyotas apology for a computerised "automatic" in a Yaris which was appalling.
Current vehicles: Peugeot 3008 1.6 GTL Auto (2019) & Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Auto (2018)
Peugeot 3008 1.2 EAT8 on order….. estimated Oct 2023 delivery!!

hotice

Post by hotice »

Geoff, I have the Alure 1.2 automatic on order (has been since 16th of Jan) expecting delivery sometime this month. When I have taken delivery I will update you. I have test driven the 1.6 desiel auto which was a treat to drive, very smooth, expecting the petrol drive to be very similar. Looking forward to delivery, my delivery date was 1st March, latest update from the dealer is to check again in a couple of weeks. Getting anxious now as the VED changes are only 4 weeks away, but have been told not to worry as delivery should still be this month... fingers crossed.
Geoffh

Post by Geoffh »

hotice wrote:Geoff, I have the Alure 1.2 automatic on order (has been since 16th of Jan) expecting delivery sometime this month. When I have taken delivery I will update you. I have test driven the 1.6 desiel auto which was a treat to drive, very smooth, expecting the petrol drive to be very similar. Looking forward to delivery, my delivery date was 1st March, latest update from the dealer is to check again in a couple of weeks. Getting anxious now as the VED changes are only 4 weeks away, but have been told not to worry as delivery should still be this month... fingers crossed.
Thanks for the swift reply... I hope yours arrives on time and look forward to your thoughts.
Current vehicles: Peugeot 3008 1.6 GTL Auto (2019) & Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Auto (2018)
Jenx3008

Post by Jenx3008 »

I've had my Allure 1.2 Auto since Tuesday - absolutely love it.
Like you, I'm not into all that 'getting to 60 quickly' or 'how fast can it go'... I want the comfort and an easy drive.
It definitely wins on both comfort and ease of driving. The gear change is so smooth I have to look at the readout on the dash to know if its changed gear half the time !! The steering is so easy too.
Still getting used to all the standard kit it comes with - Apart from all the kit you get when driving forwards, they've even added some brilliant touches when putting it in reverse... in addition to the normal reversing camera you get on most cars now, it also gives a full overhead view of the car, plus its first car I've had that automatically lowers the wing mirrors when you put it in reverse to you can see the curb !

I have no doubt you won't be disappointed if you order one Geoffh (and hotice - I hope yours is delivered soon)
Geoffh

Post by Geoffh »

Thanks for the posting. Funnily enough a friend arrived today with his new 2008 1.2 Automatic and I had a test drive....... I was astounded with the way the gearbox was so smooth and the performance. Ok it was a 2008 not a 3008 but it gave me a chance for a decent test drive. Fantastic!
Stealthsprout

Post by Stealthsprout »

1.2 auto ft line since March 1st in the U.K.

It's awesome.!

Gear changes smooth, and pretty quick when you put your foot down. Amazing engine.
Geoffh

Post by Geoffh »

Thanks guys for some very helpful posts.
My current vehicle (Yeti) has a DSG gearbox and my biggest worry was how the Peugeot gearbox would compare. I cannot believe how smooth the changes are. Truly amazing!
We now seem to have established how good the three pot petrol engine is and how smooth the auto gearbox is....... the next thing I'm interested in is the genuine, real time, m.p.g.
mailoroma

Post by mailoroma »

Having owned the 1.2 auto for a month now, I have to say I am extremely please the overall performance and ride of the car! The gear shifts are smooth and the ride is extremely comfortable. Previously, crawling over minor speedbumps in my Hyundai i10 always rattled everything, especially the dog grumbling loudly in the boot every time. Now, I can simply breeze though at reasonable speed without a peep from the dog (who now happily snores away).

The automatic gearbox in the Peugeot is very good, if not world class. Yes, if you are comparing the gearbox to a high end Audi or BMW, it is slightly lazy but at almost half the price point. Handling and steering is fantastic for a car this size. Putting your foot down when you need to gives you more than enough acceleration for day-to-day driving.
lee789

Post by lee789 »

Good to hear Mailorama. I get my GT Line 1.2 Auto on Thursday, so really looking forward to that.
Rickmoss23

Post by Rickmoss23 »

Hi Lee
Intrigued to know that you also have ordered a 3008 GT Line in Ultimate Red, may I ask Lee, have you seen it in this colour, as I have recently ordered my new car only from images, not in the flesh!!!
Would love to see pukka pictures of the 3008 in this colour, I have a long time to wait, as the build schedule is not until July....... Enjoy your car.