Cleaning new 30008

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

I take great care cleaning my Amazonite Grey 3008. I use a soft brush with hose to remove the dirt from the lower black areas and wheels then wash the remaining paintwork with a soft hand mitt and car shampoo, the paintwork always looks lovely but the black trim underneath the doors and around the wheel arches always looks dirty. I have always used a proprietary named bumper care product on my previous car, which was a Honda, and the black always came up as new, but using the same product on the Peugeot it always dries out patchy and looks dirty. Can any member recommend a product with which they have had success.
I have had the car a year now and completely trouble free, like other members I love it :P

Gazman

Post by Gazman »

Always used Autoglym, put it on with a small bit of sponge, the bottle lasts forever as you only need a drop per pannel / arch. This is the stuff: https://www.autoglym.com/bumper-and-trim-gel you can pick it up cheaper from eBay etc. Good Luck!
Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Thanks for your reply Gazman, Yes, I have always found Autoglym to be a very good product which is the one I always used on my Honda, but I feel the plastic trim on the Peugeot is of a different nature and the dirt appears to penetrate deeper, I would be interested to know if others find it a problem.
Regards
Wheelchap
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Wheelchap wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:30 pm Thanks for your reply Gazman, Yes, I have always found Autoglym to be a very good product which is the one I always used on my Honda, but I feel the plastic trim on the Peugeot is of a different nature and the dirt appears to penetrate deeper, I would be interested to know if others find it a problem.
Regards
Wheelchap
I use the Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care on the black externals on my 2008 GT Line and find it very good.
Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Thanks Deccadick,
That may be worth a try. I am still a little confused as I looked up Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care and it states for internal use, then they show it being used on the outside rear of a car. I know these products only last for so long before re-treating; do you feel Vinyl & Rubber Care lasts a while on the exterior?
Regards
Wheelchap
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Wheelchap wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm Thanks Deccadick,
That may be worth a try. I am still a little confused as I looked up Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care and it states for internal use, then they show it being used on the outside rear of a car. I know these products only last for so long before re-treating; do you feel Vinyl & Rubber Care lasts a while on the exterior?
Regards
Wheelchap
It seems to last well. I used Autoglym Aquawax last autumn on the paintwork and it still looks good. At the same time I used the Vinyl and Rubber Care. It needs doing now after a harsh winter and some 5 months has elapsed.