Intermittent “juddering” on 3008

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
SussexMariner

Post by SussexMariner »

Hi all
New to the forum, I have a 1.6 diesel manual GT line, had it since new, around 13k on the clock, we have noticed some juddering as you drive along, the only way I can describe it is if you are driving too slow for the gear you are in and you need to put it into a higher gear.
I could be driving at a steady 60mph then all of a sudden the car starts to judder and you have the urge to change gear but there is no need to!!

Has anyone else had this problem? It is intermittent which I guess rules out any wheel issues? Could it be an electrical problem ? ABS possibly? As I said it’s intermittent so sods law it won’t do it when I take it to a dealer!

Any advice most welcome

Glen73

Post by Glen73 »

Hi I have 17 plate Allure 3008 1.6 diesel having same issues when changing up from 2nd to 3rd,car just doesn't respond also car shakes like a washing machine on a mad spin,been back to dealer once said couldn't find anything wrong so I'm booked in at another dealer tomorrow so will post if any news
NOT A HAPPY BOY
Leanne123

Post by Leanne123 »

Hi

I’m having the exact same problem with my 2017 3008 GT Line. I’ve had it at the dealer three times now. The first two times they couldn’t find a fault. Again I explained that it’s intermittent. I’m just wondering did you find out what the issue was? I’ve just collected it today and they are saying it’s to do with the clutch and might not be covered under warranty.
Timbowyc

Post by Timbowyc »

I was having this issue I have 2017 allure 1.2 petrol . It went in for a service & I mentioned it . They mentioned a engine management software update had just been released & they were applying it .

Been fine ever since touch wood 🙏
Leanne123

Post by Leanne123 »

Thank you. I’ll phone them tomorrow and ask about it. I don’t want them charging me £300 if it’s not necessary and that’s only to look at the clutch. They got me to buy this flush as they thought it was the diesel I was buying it lasted a month started again. I don’t understand how it can be related to a clutch when I’m driving at 60mph and out of nowhere it just starts juddering.
S.oliver1904

Post by S.oliver1904 »

I have the exact same problem....had it since November 2018. Its a 67 plate 1.6 allure manual. Only started juddering about a month ago. Took it back the dealer, afyer the first time it did it i called breakdow and they diagnostics couldnt find a problem. My dealer did same and said engine management is down to driving style, basically i cant drive... continued to happen since so dealer are picking car up tomorrow for further investigation
Libby

Post by Libby »

I’m having exactly the same thing on 1.6 2018 allure. Diagnostics are not picking up anything but RAC guy said they need to do a proper test run. Really don’t fancy breaking down again. Anyone had any answers??
sbradbury

Post by sbradbury »

I've had the exact same problem on my 1.6 gt line 18 plate for the last 9 months or so after the 4th time of it been in the garage the dealer has said it's the exhaust valve and that my car was 1 of many that had come back with the same problem. Now waiting for parts so it can be fixed. I feel like I have been fobbed of each time I've gone back with it though and dont think Peugeot are taking this seriously enough.
Libby

Post by Libby »

might get the garage to look at the exhaust then, it’s been in the garage for over a week now and they still can’t find a fault as the computer isn’t picking anything up, they have said they don’t want to start taking the car apart as could be looking at the wrong thing...... not sure how they expect to fix it if they don’t start doing something 🤷🏻‍♀️ All I know is that I’m paying for a car that I can’t use, and shouldn’t be experiencing this on a new car less than 1 year!! Not happy.
sbradbury

Post by sbradbury »

Mine is going into the garage in a few weeks. They need it for a whole week as they have to take some of the engine out to replace the exhaust valves. I was told it's that the valves are not the correct shape so this is why you get the juddering. This is obviously a fault on many of these cars and is probably gonna be a recall at some point. I will keep you posted once its done but I would definitely mention this to your garage. Good luck!!