All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Jovack

Post by Jovack »

Thank you for information.

mahay

Post by mahay »

Romania?
Your sure? :)
You've made me call the garage and ask them for new information :)
Thanks,
catalinchi

Post by catalinchi »

peterb wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 pm Update on my situation... my dealer (in Greater London) phoned me earlier today to say that they now have a replacement gearbox ready to fit to my 3008. Apparently Peugeot have modified the design of the gearbox to fix the whine problem. My car's scheduled to have the work done mid March and I'll report back afterwards.
Any update on this? How's the new gearbox?
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

I have not read a single case where replacing the gearbox has fixed the issue. Even a brand new gearbox taken straight off the production line would still probably produce the whine. There is something about the rest of the car that may be causing the gearbox to behave in the this way and I don’t think anyone knows the true reason for this.
peterb

Post by peterb »

Hi folks

Apologies for the delay in posting an update. The current situation in the world has rather turned life upside down of late, and I hope that everyone here is doing ok and staying well.

I have good news - my car had its new gearbox fitted by my dealer (in North London) a couple of weeks ago and it has pretty much cured the problem. The whine at around 30 - 40 mph is much reduced to the point that I wouldn't have noticed it if my car had been supplied with this gearbox when new. I can still hear it a little bit, but that's only because I'm listening out for it.

Another benefit of the new gearbox is that it's much smoother in 1st and 2nd gears than previously. I used to find the old gearbox a little jurky in these low gears when pulling away and when changing from 1st to 2nd, but the new gearbox is much improved in this regard. Also, my old gearbox produced a whine in 1st gear, particularly apparent at the point of changing from 1st to 2nd. The new gearbox doesn't.

The only small issue I have with the new gearbox is that it sometimes takes a couple of goes to get into 1st gear when stationary and about to pull away. I sometimes have to go into 3rd then back to 1st to get it in. Hoping this might improve over time, and it's not really a problem for me.

In short, I'm very pleased with the new gearbox.

My dealer raised a ticket with what they call 'Peugeot Technical' last summer and have been chasing it for me since. Earlier this year my dealer phoned to say that Peugeot had advised them to fit a new gearbox, which my dealer confirmed was a modified design compared to the one originally fitted. I don't have any part numbers for the new gearbox I'm afraid. I hadn't explicitly asked for a new gearbox - this was just something that Peugeot / my dealer offered to cure the problem.

Good luck with your dealers. This is definitely something that Peugeot know about and they have definitely redesigned the gearbox to reduce the whine (and possibly improve it in other ways as well).
Jovack

Post by Jovack »

Thank you for the information.
With this good news I can contact my dealer and ask the same solution for my car.
Stanman

Post by Stanman »

Hi. Just been reading about gear box problems.
I have my new 3008 manual about 8 weeks.
I have noticed high pitch wine when driving plus when moving off and selecting 2nd gear the car jumps as if clutch is contacting drive plate too quickly, theres also slight jump in 3rd also.
I cant contact my dealer as there closed due to virus. Am I having serious issues with gear box on a brand new 3008, mileage is only 541miles
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

Does the whine occur between certain speeds and does it occur while coasting?
Maniek

Post by Maniek »

Subject died?
My dealer refused to repair.
mahay

Post by mahay »

:)
It'll probably die when Peugeot will start a recall campaign, which is probably never
My dealer mark it as technological sound so everything is OK and the noise is only in my head :) I've kept this report in case something happens with the gearbox it'll probably be easier to sue them.

@Robert75, the noise in noticeable between 59 - 63 KM/h. at least this is the case for me. And it's kina strange as I remember that back in the days I had another range..something like 57-62.

Anyway, not sure if it's only me but it got a bit quieter as it gets more mileage.