1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
mridley

Post by mridley »

Update 7\3\2019

So just got off the phone from Peugeot customer services who now inform that the "gearbox Whine" is a characteristic of the vehicle, words failed me, well not quite :-). He advised me our conversation was being recorded at which point i said "good" because you can listen back and hear what utter crap you just said, it's 2019 for god sake!! If a major car manufacture can't make a gearbox whine a very noticeable whine then what hope id there for mankind!!

Peugeot are saying it's not a generic problem and relates to just my car (hmm), so i said "oh ok, just change my car then" at which point there was a long silence, "hello you still there", yes sorry, "so if you're saying it's just my car with this issue change my car problem solved", "I understand what you are saying Mr ?????? but that's is not my decision to make", ok can i speak to the person that can then" again a long silence.

All joking aside it's just not acceptable, the noise is getting worse with the miles (just under 3k now) very noticeable from about 36-45 mph. My vehicle is a lease car, I have kept the lease company updated with things and have just informed them that i wish to reject the car, so lets see if anything happens now.

So to date, the car is still making a whining noise, Peugeot Customer services are about as much use as an inflatable dartboard. the dealership might as well sell Ice to the Eskimos, all in all a very peeved me!!!

tamzin

Post by tamzin »

Update on Gearbox whine. After a lengthy investigation and conversation with Peugeot tech team they have agreed to replace gearbox. My concern is that a couple of members on this forum have had there gearboxes replaced , only for the whine to return later. Because this problem is rare it must be almost impossible for a new replacement gearbox to have the same fault. I have now driven 5 vehicles same model engine and gearbox as mine and all have been silent. Fingers Crossed.
mridley

Post by mridley »

Hi Tazmin,

Fingers crossed for you, the current whine on mine starts about 36ish mph and continues until about 43ish, it's VERY annoying and I've had so many arguments with Peugeot about this. As i've said they are refusing to replace the gearbox again but I am not giving up yet as it is just unacceptable. I too have driven a few of the exact same car all of which have been silent.
mridley

Post by mridley »

Fitzbilly, have they changed your gearbox?
Tennis Pro

Post by Tennis Pro »

Hi All, new owner of a 3008 1.2 manual. Picked up car last Friday and noticed the whine straight away especially in 3/4 gear between 30-40mph. Took it in today and they drove it and straight away agreed it was a faulty gearbox and are now ordering from France. Peeved off but at least there were no arguments.
Good luck to all who have similar problems.
whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

I'm glad I joined this forum.....I pick my 3008 up on Monday. I shall be listening intently for any noises and I'll tell the dealership that as well.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Sorry you manual users are having problems. The EAT6 box is wonderful and with paddles can be used manually. No doubt £1k more expensive but worth every penny!
whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

I've picked mine up today and would you believe it, there's a noise that to me sounds like what you are describing. I noticed it as soon as I drove round the block while the salesman went through the functions. I didn't say anything at the time as I wanted to give it a thorough listening too. I can even hear it over the radio. I already picked up scratches on the walkaround before I took the car!
Tennis Pro

Post by Tennis Pro »

Just tell him you don't want it as it has a known gearbox problem, if he tries to argue show him this forum!
whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

Tennis Pro wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 pm Just tell him you don't want it as it has a known gearbox problem, if he tries to argue show him this forum!
I was hoping too see more evidence online.But other than this forum I'm not seeing anything to boost the argument.But I am going to take it back and ask for a drive in another 3008 that hopefully will not exhibit the same noise.Mind you they may have such a ringer ready and waiting for people who complain.Then they can say hey it's a characteristic not a fault!