1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Chris_oliebollen

Post by Chris_oliebollen »

Hi I am chasing Peugeot care support to get an update. Back in August last year they informed me per mail that the problem was known and that the solution should come before the end of 2019.
I did not hear anything since then.

Chris_oliebollen

I get an answer back, peugeot care desk checked with my dealer in the Netherlands that a ticket was opened with technical level 2 peugeot support in France. They confirmed the problem and that they are still working on it. Their mail is kind of optimistic because it says that it should not take too long to get the fix.... will see but this sounds good right? We may still have hope?
In the meanwhile they asked for my address to send me a coupon (discount) for a Dinner @ a restaurant.
larin

Post by larin »

Thank you for the information, PSA promised to solve the problem last year, we are still waiting and they still just promise and are not able to write a specific date. If they want to retain customers and trust in their products, they should provide a free warranty extension for a maximum 5/200,000km. One example is Honda with its 1.5 VTEC oil dilution problem, where owners have extended their warranty to unlimited mileage.
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

Why can’t they simply replace the gearbox immediately if that is the problem? They are going to need to take it apart anyway to solve the issue as it’s probably an internal gearbox component which appears to be malfunctioning.
Chris_oliebollen

They changed my gearbox but the noise is still there. They know where the problem comes from but they need to manufacture a piece which can fix the issue.
They may have change hundreds of gearboxes by now but it won’t fix it.
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

Thanks for the update. I feel your pain.
Can’t wait to have my 27k car ripped apart and a new gearbox fitted only for the new one to have the same fault as the old one. This seems to be a common theme.
Chris_oliebollen

Got confirmation per telephone from support care Netherlands that Peugeot France is seriously working on it.
They did not provide lead time though
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

if they replaced your faulty gearbox then why is the noise still there?
peterb

Post by peterb »

Update on my situation... my dealer (in Greater London) phoned me earlier today to say that they now have a replacement gearbox ready to fit to my 3008. Apparently Peugeot have modified the design of the gearbox to fix the whine problem. My car's scheduled to have the work done mid March and I'll report back afterwards.
Chris_oliebollen

Great news!!!