1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Chris_oliebollen

Post by Chris_oliebollen »

It sounds now more like what I have get communicated in The Netherlands. If everybody is opening a ticket then they will have to do something.
We are quite a lot of owners complaining about across Europe. I stay optimistic so far.

Rob B

Post by Rob B »

I just hope Peugeot do something and we don't have to inundate the likes of BBC Watchdog to get something done!!
Maniek

Post by Maniek »

Hello,
I have the same problem in Opel Grandland x 1.2. The drivetrarin is the same as in the Peugeot 3008. I started this discussion in my car service in Poland. I'm joining another country where PSA needs to take action. Good luck to everyone in solving the problem!
mahay

Post by mahay »

just to count the countries, Romania's here :)
I think it'll never be solved as they already stated that it's normal operation mode :)
@ Maniek, I've seen on some GLX forums that the noise will eventually go away after 15k KM.
If you ask me, at 6K km the sound got a little bit acceptable. Or I got used with it and found it not as annoying as before :)
peterb

Post by peterb »

Update from UK. I've just received a phone call from my dealer to say that they've heard back from Peugeot Technical. Sadly the news is that the required part (noise dampener / weight) is still not available. Their advice is to make sure that everyone's dealer has raised an official ticket with Peugeot Technical (or Opel) in relation to this issue.
Chris_oliebollen

10k kms sound is still there.
Pezakas

Post by Pezakas »

I have my allure for almost 3 weeks now and recently I have detected that annoying noise near 60 km/h regardless of the gear. Is there any oofficial update for this problem . I am from Greece.
Chris_oliebollen

He we have Greece now, welcome to the club. No no news I am afraid. Go to your garage and ask them to open a ticket with Peugeot technical desk to report the issue. The more we are and the more chance they will resolve the issue!
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

Hi All,
Have an update but there's good news and bad news.
Since my last update our car developed a rattle towards the end of October and went into the dealership for investigation. It turned out to be the power steering heat shield had come loose, bit worrying if this was caused by the vibration from the gearbox. We picked up the car 2 days later and while we were there we had a meeting with the dealership manager. We explained our concerns about the vehicle and went through everything with him, all of which he knew nothing about. My wife asked him to take on resolving the problems with the car, which he said he would.
The manager phoned towards the end on November to say he had been in contact with Peugeot. Peugeot confirmed to him the problem causing the whine is in fact the gearbox and they had no plans to redesign the engine mount. He arranged for a modified replacement gearbox to be shipped from France which has now been fitted and we collected the car yesterday. The good news is there was no engine whine on the journey home and it seemed to be a lot quieter. The bad news is Peugeot has been fobbing us all off with the engine mount redesign story probably hoping the problem will go away. So it seems you all need to revisit your Peugeot dealers and insist they do something to get your gearbox changed. Good luck.
mahay

Post by mahay »

:) Oh shit ...that is bad news indeed.
Please keep us posted and submit impressions after 1 month. Do you have any papers that states this is a newly designed gearbox? is there a SN for it?