1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
larin

Post by larin »

Thanks for the information. Suppose it's your first gearbox change? I am curious about your evaluation after replacement and whether we will all be contacted by the manufacturer now.

mahay

Post by mahay »

yeah.
I'm curious about the process you've been following, Peterb. If I'm going to the dealer again they will probably say the same thing, works as designed.
Did you've opened a ticket with Peugeot or did you had luck and found a nice dealer willing to help?
Thanks,
Chris_oliebollen

Post by Chris_oliebollen »

Hi you need to go to your dealer and ask them to raise a ticket with Peugeot France.
Peterb and I followed this process last year.
The more people doing it and the faster they will design and manufacture a new gearbox not whining.
If your dealer propose to exchange the gearbox with a new standard one (this is what they did in my case last year) it will not fix the issue.
We need to wait for Peugeot France to contact the dealer and ship a modified gearbox or a piece to be mounted.
So now I hope that this will happen to Peterb in March.
I am expecting also a call from my dealer to schedule an appointment. I think that Peterb will be one of the first customers getting a permanent fix (I hope).
Jovack

Post by Jovack »

Hallo, I am the owner of a C5 Aircross 1.2 manual gearbox, with the same problem.
My dealer has contacted Citroën Belux, a part of PSA, and he has opened a file (ticket), but he will not give me the file number yet.
The dealer said, the file (ticket) number, is the same number as the vehicle specification number.
What is your experience about that.
I hope the solution with the modified gearbox or a piece to be mounted, give the solution in march.
Jovack

Post by Jovack »

Does anyone knows all the 1.2 Pure Tech manuel gearbox have the same problem and how many.
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

I don’t understand why the replacement gearbox needs to be a “modified” one.
Why not just a “new” ordinary one like the one fitted to the hundreds of thousands of 3008’s which have rolled off the production line and still are, with no apparent issues reported.
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

What you need is not a special “weight” or special “part” or modified “this” or modified “that” with the aim of addressing the symptom. You need a solution to the cause. Plain and simple you just need a new gearbox and by that I mean a new one manufactured today not a “new” one which was made a year ago and has been lying on a shelf.
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

Many decades ago I heard a story about an unscrupulous individual who put sawdust inside a rear diff to “harmonically dampen” it before selling the car.
I do not want a special “weight” placed above my gearbox to “harmonically dampen” a faulty component while presumably the gearbox continues to quietly ‘eat itself’.
Under the sale of goods act, I want the faulty component replaced. New gearbox please.
mahay

Post by mahay »

:) true story Rob,
But let's take it from another angle . What if all manuals are doing the same noise, maybe ones are a bit quieter, and the real issue is on us? :)
yeah, the noise is there but not all the owners are annoyed by it. I remember driving with some friends and ask them about the noise, radio was at 8-9 probably and they said that it's unnoticeable.
Anyway, let's see what happens after march. In my opinion, Peugeot had the issue addressed to whomever is building this s**y gearbox and the new ones are redesigned. I've seen a lot of persons that bought in 2020 and they don't have this whining noise.
barnyanna

Post by barnyanna »

Hi,

We received a new Peugeot 3008 on 6th September 2019 and reported a whining when between 30 and 40 odd mph especially noticeable when lightening pressure on the accelerator, sounds like the whining reported on this forum.

Our car has been back to the dealer many times but both the dealer and Peugeot are saying it has a fault and apparently we are waiting now for a fix to be manufactured in Romania. The garage are currently not returning my calls but I think it is because we have to wait until Peugeot have manufactured a solution.

We previously owned a 3008 and this did not have the same fault but was obviously an older model.

It should be noted that there was a gear box recall that delayed delivery of our car as well so potentially Peugeot new about the problem and tried some kind of last minute fix which hasn't worked but went on selling despite this.

Barny