1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
mahay

Post by mahay »

hope it'll resolves this issue.
Please ask them information about the new one you get. It'll be interesting to compare with what we have now installed and also a reason to ask for a replacement, tho I doubt that it'll apply in my country :)

Danish

Post by Danish »

Update from Denmark:
I'm unfortunately caught in a loop between Peugeot Denmark and the local dealer. They do not relate professionally to my complaints and I now proceed through the car owner organization (FDM).
Thanks for audio files - unfortunately I have the same annoying sound. It´s like having a long-lasting scratch on your favorite hit single in the 1980´s
Chris_oliebollen

Post by Chris_oliebollen »

Garage called me and they changed the gearbox. They told me that it fixed the issue. However they need to keep the car one day longer because they need to change the broken mechanism of the driver electric window (it happened that the window get stuck several times and it was making a strange noise)
Hopefully I should get my car back tomorrow and check by myself if it fixed indeed the noise. I will try to make a photo of the gearbox design they shown me with the part number and post it here.
Chris_oliebollen

By the way they changed the WHOLE gearbox and they replaced exactly the same oneI hope that the sound is definitively gone and will not come back like for someone here. I am based in The Netherlands.
peterb

Post by peterb »

Thanks for the update Chris_oliebollen. Hope the new gearbox has indeed cured the problem.
My car is due to go in to my dealer next week for an initial assessment, so any details from your dealer that I could pass on would be great.
Chris_oliebollen

I Just picked up the car with new gearbox. Although they told me that it fixed the noise, I still hear it. After reading the posts on this forum, my expectations were not high anyway.
So changing the gearbox is not the cure.

The difference now that it the sound appears between 55 and 60 ( Before it was starting at 50). However at 60 this is now worse (higher pitch)
I think that they honestly do not know how to fix it, they changed the gearbox just to say that they did something.
I will inform them that it did not fix the problem and try to raise the case to Peugeot Netherlands.

My advice is not to buy any 5008 and 3008 with a 1.2 engine and manual gearbox.
I will try to live with it and accelerating between 55 and 60 then cruising at 62...
By the way they did not have the design of the gearbox they shown me when they ordered it.
peterb

Post by peterb »

Sorry to hear that Chris_oliebollen, but thanks very much for the update and good luck pursuing this.
I will let you know what my dealer says after they've looked at my car next week.
Chris_oliebollen

On the dutch forum, there are owners with same configuration who ear nothing at all, trying several cars as well. This is really strange.
Please let me know what is the outcome from your assessment as well.
I guess that Peugeot should be aware of the issue with the abnormal number of gearboxes which have been exchanged!
mahay

Post by mahay »

They are probably aware of this. Is just that they have no idea what's going on.
We'll wait a bit longer for them to find a fix and after that, probably they will start a recall campaign. Hopefully.
We'll see what will happen. It's good that we've started this thread and maybe something good will come up at the end.
As Chris was saying, the only way to drive without noise, for now, is to accelerate at 62-65 km/h :)
Chris_oliebollen

I am raising a case (trying) with peugeot NL so that they have an official record.
What also is kind of sad is that the dealer decided to change the gearbox while I warn them that it may not solve the problem.
I am not an engineer but I believe that this sound is generated through resonance/vibration in the gearbox when a part in the engine is rotating at a specific RPM.