1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Alexrowe12

Post by Alexrowe12 »

Don't get your hopes up!

I've had this issue ongoing for 4 months with the Dealership. Vehicle was an October delivery as well.

Gearbox has been replaced and has not changed anything.

I have arranged a meeting with the owner of the dealership in which I will be arguing to reject the vehicle. MPG is also terrible, had a 60 at 60 test done by the dealership and returned 44mpg, it is advertised at doing 44mpg on a combined run, something I can never achieve, usually around 35mpg.

mridley

Post by mridley »

Update 1st May 2019,

Mine is a lease vehicle, I have been in contact again with the leasing company who have rejected my request to return the car based on Peugeot advising them that this is a characteristic of this model, email below

"Hello Mark,

Further to our phone call last week I have raised this issue with Arnold Clark and unfortunately this is what they have advised;
Having read the emails below and spoken to our maintenance department the manufacturer of the vehicle have confirmed there is no mechanical issue with the car.

On this basis, it appears that Arnold Clark as well as Peugeot will not be looking to reject the vehicle.

I think from what has been mentioned the issue will be a characteristic of your model.

The only other thing I could suggest (you may have already tried this) is to take the vehicle to a second dealership to obtain their opinion on the vehicle.
I would suggest that you don’t tell them you’ve had previous issues and the gearbox has already been replaced, this will allow the dealer to give an unbiased second opinion."

I am not accepting it as a Characteristic of the car it is clearly a fault or they would not have replaced my gearbox once already, I have raised this with Peugeot customer service many months ago.

Looking at the number of people on this thread who have had their gearbox replaced would those people be willing to provide me with their Reg number and date they took delivery?

I think the only chance we have is to group together, or we just appear to be just an individual with an issue!!

Peugeot say they do not have a fault but clearly they do or they would not be changing gearboxes!!!
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I hope you get some support, best of luck.
Tennis Pro

Post by Tennis Pro »

Although it might not be a faulty gearbox ( we are still able to drive the car) the problem is the constant whine which is not acceptable. I am getting an update today from the dealer 7 days after I took it in and they admitted straight away that it did indeed need a new gearbox. I will keep you all updated with the progress, mine is also a lease vehicle and was ordered end of January and delivered 19 April if that helps.
All the best.
Tennis Pro

Post by Tennis Pro »

Ok, update. Just got off the phone to the dealer who so far have been excellent I must say. Peugeot UK have now told them not to change the gearbox as it's mechanically not faulty and apparently they are very close to a fix to stop the whine. I'm chilled at the moment but it will be interesting to see how this so called fix pans out. Dealer said he will be in touch again next Week.
whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

Tennis Pro

That's a bit better to hear.My 3008 is due to go in for investigation in 2 weeks. I'll be interested to hear their opinion.How they deal with this(and the cosmetic snags on the car) will decide if I will be a returning customer in a couple of years time.
peterb

Post by peterb »

Hi all. New to this forum, and I'm another 1.2 petrol manual Allure 3008 owner with exactly this problem.

Collected my car mid March 2019 and noticed the whine straight away. Whine hasn't changed noticeably since then, but as others have said I find it most annoying when cruising between 30 and 40 with my foot lightly on the accelerator.

Mentioned it to dealer when I took my car in for its 4 to 6 week new car check, and one of their master technicians took the car out on a test drive with me. He could hear the whine but it wasn't something he'd come across before. He checked for any technical notices from Peugeot relating to this issue but didn't find anything (this was on 25th April 2019). I left it that I'd book the car in for further investigation if I continued to find the whine annoying... and I've now decided I do, so I'll be phoning to book it in next week.

I also hear the whine quite noticeably when changing from first to second gear, just at the moment when I fully depress the clutch pedal, and the whine can sound a little wobbly in pitch. Anyone else noticed this? I also struggle to make a smooth transition from first to second gear when pulling away quickly, and I've tried every combination of clutch / accelerator ratio. Anyone else found this?
Last edited by peterb on Thu May 30, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

Peterb

Yes 1st to 2nd change is not as smooth as I'd like, but I can live with it. I did read a review that commented on the gear selection on the 3008 wasn't the best.

Its funny how some dealers appear (according to posters on the thread) to know that Peugeot are working on a fix, yet others like yours don't have a service bulletin about the noise.
tamzin

Post by tamzin »

Update on gearbox whine.
I received a phone call whilst on holiday last week informing me that Peugeot have decided to not replace my gearbox stating (that it is a characteristic of this engine and gearbox configeration).As you can imagine i am very angry especially after i was told Peugeot have agreed to replace gearbox.Cant wait to get on the phone to Peugeot and hear how they can justify this decision.It would be very helpfull if members of this forum who own a 3008 with the 1.2 engine with manual gearbox could please reply to this post stating if there vehicle has the gearbox whine or not.This would help build up a picture as to how much of a characteristic it is.
fitzbilly

Post by fitzbilly »

Hi
I just had a look at this thread and see there are some new posts, so I should update you on what has happened to me. The dealer and Peugeot stated there was no problem after all with my car, it was just 'product definition' so were not proposing to do anything further about it. The dealer stated the whine would disappear after ~18000 miles (!). I took legal advice and was told I had a good case under Consumer Rights legislation as the car was not as described (i.e. not as I experienced on the test drive), Peugeot had admitted there was a problem initially (i.e. they charged the gearbox) so I should be able to return the car for a full refund with a nominal reduction in purchase price to account for the 4000 miles I had done. However, if Peugeot were going to insist it was product definition it would be difficult and long winded to sort out. So, I was hating the car and sold it back to the dealer for a quiet life. I now have a Honda CRV which has no whine and is a far superior car.
I had another test drive in a new 3008 and that had a whine too, and the dealer said he could notice it now, but it was 'product definition' etc etc
I will never buy another Peugeot again!