1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I'm just an observer on this one as I have a 1.2 with EAT6 gearbox. All the complaints seem to come from owners of the 1.2 engine coupled to the manual box. Is the same gearbox used with the 1.6 petrol engine or indeed the diesel engined versions? If so why no complaints from that experience?

Dmj58

Post by Dmj58 »

mridley wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:10 pm Update 7\3\2019

So just got off the phone from Peugeot customer services who now inform that the "gearbox Whine" is a characteristic of the vehicle, words failed me, well not quite :-). He advised me our conversation was being recorded at which point i said "good" because you can listen back and hear what utter crap you just said, it's 2019 for god sake!! If a major car manufacture can't make a gearbox whine a very noticeable whine then what hope id there for mankind!!

Peugeot are saying it's not a generic problem and relates to just my car (hmm), so i said "oh ok, just change my car then" at which point there was a long silence, "hello you still there", yes sorry, "so if you're saying it's just my car with this issue change my car problem solved", "I understand what you are saying Mr ?????? but that's is not my decision to make", ok can i speak to the person that can then" again a long silence.

All joking aside it's just not acceptable, the noise is getting worse with the miles (just under 3k now) very noticeable from about 36-45 mph. My vehicle is a lease car, I have kept the lease company updated with things and have just informed them that i wish to reject the car, so lets see if anything happens now.

So to date, the car is still making a whining noise, Peugeot Customer services are about as much use as an inflatable dartboard. the dealership might as well sell Ice to the Eskimos, all in all a very peeved me!!!
I’m having exactly the same problem I’ve rejected it after the car being in the dealership more than it’s with me it’s just rubbish & the manager telling me there is nothing on the forums think he will be having yet another phone call for him not to return to me fuming
Dmj58

Post by Dmj58 »

I brought my car in January & straight away I heard a whining noise so contacted the dealership who said when I bring it in for 4/6 week health check they would look at it for a technician to say it’s normal 😳 I don’t think so & another technician to say it was my gearbox I had to keep on at them warranty finally agreed to fit a new gearbox but as soon as I picked it up it did exactly the same contacted them again was told to get I touch with customer care complete waste of time useless I’m going from one to another constantly trying to get answers I’ve now rejected the car I had a meeting yesterday with the general manager who said there was nothing on the forum really not what I’ve read & was going to look into it I’m not holding my breath why can’t they just own up to the fact there is a problem which we all shouldn’t be paying all this money out for when it’s not right just so infuriating
whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

Update.

Dealers had vehicle for several days while I was away. According to their 'master technician' its a 'bedding in issue'.
They told me they drove another 1.2 which didn't exhibit the noise. So I said its not a characteristic of the car then!
I'm registering the issue with customer care and with the finance house.
mridley

Post by mridley »

The same problem I'm having, they say it is a characteristic of the car, yet other 1.2 manual 3008's do not have this issue. It appears to be a small number of cars manufactured around the same time.
whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

Peugeot Customer Service have told me to take it to another dealer for a second opinion.
I don't imagine for one minute that they will say anything different. I may well just have to live with it, as there seems to be too few of us with this problem.
I'll be looking to get rid as soon as I can, never to go near Peugeot again.
whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

Tennis Pro wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:05 pm Ok, update. Just got off the phone to the dealer who so far have been excellent I must say. Peugeot UK have now told them not to change the gearbox as it's mechanically not faulty and apparently they are very close to a fix to stop the whine. I'm chilled at the moment but it will be interesting to see how this so called fix pans out. Dealer said he will be in touch again next Week.
Hi Tennis Pro

Have you any updates on your car. I'd also be interested in this 'fix' that Peugeot have mentioned. What have they told you if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
peterb

Post by peterb »

Update from me.

Car just over two months old now, has done 1500 miles, but no change with the whine. As previously, it's most noticeable (and annoying) when cruising between 30 and 40 mph with my foot lightly on the accelerator. Above 40 mph it becomes less and less noticeable, and on the motorway at 60 or 70 mph it's not really noticeable at all.

I have my car booked in at the end of June with the main dealer who supplied the vehicle for them to take a look. I've already discussed the issue with them and made them aware of this forum. They quite reasonably said that in a case like mine they don't presume anything, and examine each car as they would any car that has been brought in with reports of a noise.

For people that have already had their car looked at by a dealer and reached a state of deadlock, has anyone considered referring their case to The Motor Ombudsman? See:

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/knowl ... on-new-car
oldestgoalie51

Post by oldestgoalie51 »

Hi folks just purchased a Peugeot 3008 and I cannot for the life of me pair ALL my contacts despite utube sites I managed it twice but they were not saved Any help appreciated
Real Engineer

Post by Real Engineer »

I purchased an Allure 1.2 Manuel in September 2018 and straight away noticed a whine from the gearbox on overrun.
The vehicle then suffered a major problem with the airbag warning lights . It was returned to the dealer at 700 miles and I rejected the vehicle .
The dealer was very helpful, Peugeot customer services are a disgrace.
I had to go to social media before I could get them interested.
I can assure all owners this is a major problem with this vehicle . The vehicle was replaced by April 2019 but this has the same whine although not so intrusive.
The dealership confirmed that had replaced another vehicle and their own demo had the same noise. A new gearbox was fitted to the demo but it still had the same noise. This a major problem and Peugeot should step up and admit the problem exists.
This is the 21st century and no new vehicle should have a major flaw of this nature.
Peugeot need to modify the gearbox and replace every vehicle with this problem.
I also wonder about Peugeot’s quality control allowing vehicles to leave the factory with major problems