1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
mahay

Post by mahay »

At some point they will find a cure for this and probably will start a service recall. Of course if it'll not be very expensive for them.
We'll see..

whiskeybravo

Post by whiskeybravo »

Update.
Last week I contacted Customer services again.They said they would pass on my problem to another team and would be in touch in 2 working days.Fast forward to today and still not heard from them.So I called only to be told that they stand by the dealers service department conclusion that it's either a bedding in issue or a characteristic of the engine.So there you have it.What an appalling state of affairs.I' m being stonewalled by this shower of a company,but the trouble is I stuck to think what I can do from here onwards.I don't have much faith in the motor ombudsman from what other people have told me.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I have asked before but nobody has answered - which engine shows this 'characteristic'?
Tennis Pro

Post by Tennis Pro »

1.2 petrol engine. It's not a characteristic of the engine as my mate picked his up the same day as me and has zero whine.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Hi Tennis Pro, Thanks for saying it is the 1.2 petrol. I have this same engine but coupled to the EAT6 autobox. No problems and the 'roar' from the 3 pot engine under acceleration is really lovely.
mahay

Post by mahay »

It's only on the manual gearbox
mridley

Post by mridley »

deccadick wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:03 pm I have asked before but nobody has answered - which engine shows this 'characteristic'?
If you read the original post it's the 1.2 Puretec manual
Chris_oliebollen

Post by Chris_oliebollen »

I have a 5008 1.2 puretech manual gearbox. Got the same whining sound between 50km/h and 60km/h.
Car is new and I noticed it from the beginning.
I informed the dealer about the issue but they were not aware.
So based on this forum, changing the gearbox is not fixing the problem, this is a pity because this is annoying...

I have recorded the sound:
Chris_oliebollen

Other recording
Chris_oliebollen

Peugeot dealer contacted me. The problem is known (I believe that they have updated their known issues database) and have set an appointment this Friday for a procedure check. Will let you know what the outcome is.
It is good to feel that they acknowledge that the problem exists