1.2 manual Gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
mridley

Post by mridley »

Hi, I've had my 1.2 GT Line Premium for just over a week and it's done around 350 miles. The last few days I've noticed a whine coming from the gearbox mainly in 3\4th but it an also e heard in 5th gear.

The only way to describe it is "it's like putting an older car i reverse, that sort of whine" when you lightly accelerate and de-accelerate the tone changes.. It's booked in at the dealers for this coming Thursday for me to take someone out for test drive, does anyone else have any transmission noise?

tamzin

Post by tamzin »

Yes , had my 1.2 manual for about a week now and have also noticed a faint whine from the gearbox when i take my foot off the pedal in 3rd or 4th gear. Not sure if this is normal or not.How did you get on with dealer?
Tamzin
mridley

Post by mridley »

Mine has got gradually worse, I took the car back to the dealer who agreed it was unacceptable and have agreed to replace the gearbox. I've now been waiting getting on for 2 months for the gearbox to arrive, the dealership have not been very good in dealing with the issue, so today 4th Jan I have rang Peugeot Customer services to put in an official complaint. What worries me is the mechanic told me that they had issues with the older 3008 and just gave up trying to fix them so i'm hoping this doesn't go the same way..
mridley

Post by mridley »

Little update,

The car went in on the 23rd Jan for a new gearbox, but unfortunately the noise has come back in the past couple of days after doing about 300 miles. It's now booked back in for the 18th Feb, far from happy!!!!!
molusc

Post by molusc »

I’ve got a similar noise on mine (also the 1.2 petrol, 1 week old)

When I take my foot off the throttle, I hear a quiet-ish but noticeable whine.
fitzbilly

Post by fitzbilly »

Hi
I just joined the forum as I have a similar problem. 1.2 petrol again, new in October 2018. I noticed a whine immediately, something I don't think I encountered on the test drive. I think it is there all the time, it just depends on other noise how intrusive it is.
After much toing and froing it was concluded it was the gearbox and a new one was fitted 2 weeks ago. The whine is still there however and I'm now waiting the dealer to get back to me. Wondering how widespread this issue is. The dealer is saying no one else has reported anything, but Peugeot were very quick to change the gearbox.
mridley

Post by mridley »

A little update, the car has been back into the dealership who have agreed it is excessively noisy, Peugeot have now said it is a known issue with these and they are looking to "re-manufacture" the gearboxes. They couldn't give me any indication of timescales so I have told them i am returning the car!!

Peugeot customer service is shocking at best, I opened a customer complaint regarding this last year and have had too constantly chase them. Mine is now worse than before which is very annoying!!!

Mine was also new in October so I'm wondering if it is an issues with cars manufactured around this date? My dealer also told me they hadn't heard of this before but while on a test drive with the mechanic he admitted it was known issue...
tamzin

Post by tamzin »

Hi, I will be taking mine into the dealers on Wednesday. I have delayed taking it in for a couple of months to see if it improved and also to let a few other people hear the noise as well. All agree the noise is unacceptable especially as it is worse when coasting in 4th and 5th gear at between 35 and 45 mph. I purchased my car in December so could have been manufactured in October as others have reported. Will post again with result of visit to dealers.
mridley

Post by mridley »

So I've spoken with Peugeot again today (26th Feb) and I have been told they are "re-manufacturing" something in the gearbox as it is a known fault, the annoying thing is they will not give a timescale on this.

So my advise to anyone with a whine in their gearbox don't waste your time getting the dealer to replace it wait until the replacement parts are ready (whenever that is). Report it to the dealership so they are aware you have the problem, no doubt they will tell you "you're the first customer we are aware of" complete rubbish, Peugeot know about this or they wouldn't be "re-manufacturing" would they...
fitzbilly

Post by fitzbilly »

I'm currently in discussions with the dealer and Peugeot Customer Care, though so far no one has admitted they have a problem. I'm waiting to hear what they propose to do. As in the above post, the noise is most noticeable when coasting, between 30 and 40 mph.