Odd faults

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
JJF53

Post by JJF53 »

Hi, I’m new to the forum so Hi to everyone, I took delivery of my 3008SUV in March 2017 so it’s an early car, it’s a 1.2 pure tech with the 6 speed automatic box, mechanically it’s perfect the engine is excellent economical and gutsy.

All the problems have been niggely electronic annoyances, at three month the voice command decided to make life interesting by not co- operating when I asked it to call home for instance, instead it called a random contact on my contact list, I also have the premium speaker option which on again random occasions decided to to connect with the patio, phone and parking sensors, it took the dealer over 3 months to sort out ending up with a new radio, only after contacting Peugeot UK, unfortunately they messed up on re-registering the Tom Tom which took another 4-5 weeks to sort out.

I have to be brutally honest in that I was really pi**ed off and fed up with the lack of success with both issues particularly when I queried the Tom Tom registration?

My alloy wheels all started spiderwebbing corrosion under the lacquer but were replaced immediately.

Now with a new 3008 8 speed on the way the electronic gremlins are back! Radio/ speakers are playing up, the phone voice command is being random again and also a few new tricks, auto dipping headlights decided not to work, no see you home delayed lights, apple play decided not to work, sent it into the dealer and guess what? They said everything worked perfectly, they reckoned the lighting stalk wasn’t in Auto, Bull#**t! I checked the lighting stalk in every position, the phone is perfect! But still random.

So the fault is apparently with my brand new iPhone8 according to the arrogant prat who plonked himself in the passenger seat of my car in his scruffy dirty overalls who is apparently their “master technician” who stomped off back into the workshop after a mere customer questioned his theory. The sales man that sold us our new car then thought it was a huge joke when I informed him that I may cancel the new car.

Has anyone else had the electronic gremlins? Latest is the headlights coming on in broad daylight while the car was parked on the drive and locked. Oh! and the speakers decided to go off again yesterday after the headlights went off.

Call me cynical but I think there may be a little ECU problem on the horizon.

Harry4

Post by Harry4 »

Hi, I took delivery of a 3008 gt line 1.2 manual 12 months ago, not long after I got the car a problem occurred with the automatic headlights they would turn themselves off and on. I took the car back to the dealers, they had it for a week but could not sort the problem out they said it was a software problem which Peugeot were aware of and when the manufacturer sorted it out they would contact me that was 12 months ago and they still can't fix the problem. Has anybody else had the same problem? apart from that there has been no problems its a great car.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

What do you mean by "they would turn themselves off and on"?
tigeress

Post by tigeress »

I had more extensive electrical/software problems:

1. the blind spot indicators were flashing without any reason
2. the reversing camera was intermittent
3. the passenger door mirror would not fold in when the car was locked
4 the automatic dipping lights turned on and off

The dealer replaced a sensor connected to the camera system and said it fixed the issue, but it did not. So I returned it. Then they told me a there was a bad connection with some wiring loom and that fixed it. It fixed the first 3 problems but the automatic dipping headlights still turn on and off. When I go into the vehicle settings, the automatic dipping option will not turn on on the touch screen.
tslondon40

Post by tslondon40 »

Hi Tigeress,

Did this get resolved in the end?

I am also having issues with my rear camera not showing the video feed.