Gearbox Fault - Repair Needed

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
gunner400

Post by gunner400 »

Hi. I had the same problem 18 months ago. It did not need a new activator but it did need a new flywheel and clutch and a few other small things. £2000 later all was well. Its a real problem with the 3008 semi automatic car. All was well for 18 months but now it is doing the same thing again. It is out of the 12 months guarantee so i expect they will want me to pay again. Its ok at the moment but eventually it will stop completely like last time so i think i will get rid of it while i can. DO NOT BUY A SEMI AUTOMATIC 3008.

John Hall

Post by John Hall »

Hi everyone
Unfortunately for me this week my Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi exclusive Auto 2012 model with only 55k on the clock has decided to get this fault on the gearbox. Its been intermittent
and sometimes works and other times just has the gearbox fault on dash and won't engage gears. When working the gears and drive are normal with no slipping or noise from the gearbox at all?
Not sure what to do next for best? Is it an earthing issue or a gearbox problem as stated? Its recently had fitted a new Stop start battery so I was wondering if this could be part of the problem?(VOLTAGE)?
Any advise would be appreciated.
John
Sakki66

Post by Sakki66 »

3008 1st gear selector fault. Ours has been gradually getting worse. It was only when first selecting 1st gear initially. But when we were away for the day it started crunching into 1st. As if the gear selector was missing it's mark. Once in gear it seemed low on power. We flukely got home. Today I read in an article to leave it running to warm it up before selecting gear. This doesn't make sense in one way as it was warm after a 3 hour drive. Yet today I turned the key and left it running for 10 minutes. It went into 1st gear. It drove fine but I was dreading it dropping to 1st gear. It seemed OK.
Oh Peugeot apparently know nothing of the 2013 model having this issue. I told the guy on the phone that I was reading a blog with plenty of people finding this common fault on the semi automatic gearbox. He said he'd phone me back. But didn't. One thing my Mrs mentioned was that our last car, a Honda hybrid did the same after changing the battery. We also have changed this car battery too when the Stop-Start stopped working. Right before it started playing up too with 1st gear. Weak battery???