Gearbox Fault - Repair Needed

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
pgboland@sky.com

Post by pgboland@sky.com »

Hi, New to this forum.
I've got a 3008 Diesel with a semi automatic gearbox. Just tried to go to work but when I selected Drive, although I could physically move the gear lever, it stayed in neutral and returned the message "PRND - Gearbox Fault - Repair Needed"
I would be grateful if anyone who has had this fault could advise me on what the outcome was.
Thanks in Advance
Peter

hippotech

Post by hippotech »

Hi Peter

I had this once back in November. Turning off and leaving for a few mins seemed to cure it. Just had the car serviced and mentioned the error, they tell me it is known fault and have updated the gearbox software which should resolve the issues.

Hope that helps
Hippo
pgboland@sky.com

Cheers Hippo
I'll ask Peugeot about gearbox software update.
Do you know what the latest version is or the date of release?

Thanks again
Peter
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

I occasionally get this message at startup. Gearbox software reset at a recent service but still happening.

I just turn off and back on and all’s well. Doesn’t seem to affect anything when driving.
pgboland@sky.com

Thanks Hightower.

It did happen back in Nov last year & after while I was able to drive again.
However, this time I can't move.
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

That’s something for me to look forward to🤪

Hope you get it fixed.
Westmeath74

Post by Westmeath74 »

Bought last August but”Gearbox fault repair needed” keeps coming up but where I bought said nothing to worry about!!!after spending 32k on it I think it’s worth worrying about.
gunner400

Post by gunner400 »

I have a 3008 2013 and only done 19500 miles and I have the same problem. You think its in gear but it goes nowhere. Peugeot main dealer said if I had the software up dated it would cost me £237, even then they could not guarantee that it would cure the problem in fact he said it could make it worse, then we are really talking big money. Anyone had that update and it was successful? Thanks. Bob.
gunner400

Post by gunner400 »

Anyone had the software updated and if so how much did it cost? they want to charge me £300.
Bob.
Rob9929

Post by Rob9929 »

Hi new to this, have a 3008 on 61 plate, had the same warning at 60,000, took car to main dealer hoping diagnostics would reset would solve it, sadly not, 2,300 guid later faulty activator and slave cylinder and clutch kit & a few other bits, car drives like new, wallets very poorly