Gearbox Fault - Repair Needed

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
StaceyT

Post by StaceyT »

Hi I have this atm when I turn the car on doesn’t allow me to go to any gear as it’s semi-automatic - my chaps brother done the diagnostic and it comes up with code P1712 clutch actuator position signal coherence - no idea what to do atm as it’s wondering if the AA parts and labour will cover it and what is actually wrong as I’ve heard from a garage it could be something to do with the clutch or flywheel - bloody cars lol 🤣

Warren1952

Post by Warren1952 »

I have just been quoted £128 for the gearbox software update. But they also said that it might not do the trick.
Belfrage

Post by Belfrage »

Warren1952 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:55 pm I have just been quoted £128 for the gearbox software update. But they also said that it might not do the trick.
Hi, I’m also new here with same same lever selection problem, have the fault come back since you DIF the software update?
Ak75

Post by Ak75 »

I have a 64 plate with 32k miles. The car broke down today with gearbox failure fault. I was driving on motorway, had smoke coming out of the car back, not sure where it is from, may be from under bonnet but coming out of back as was driving on motorway.
Anyone had a similar repair done. What could be actual problem and cost to fix it?
MSaafan

Post by MSaafan »

Hi Peter,

Had the same issue appearing randomly each now and then, it gave me nightmares of a gearbox replacement and a huge bill to look at.

It came out that battery is only slightly weak causing this issue, replaced the battery and never seen that error again. Just change the battery nothing much to lose..508 2015 facelift petrol done about 130k KMs

M. Saafan
Davecoys

Post by Davecoys »

Hi Guys..
Has anyone any more knowledge on gearbox faults on a 3008?
My friend has a 2011 3008 Diesel 1600cc.
Briefly what’s happened...Dash warning “ Gearbox fault..needs repair” ?
Drove car to garage for diagnostics.
The technician detected various fault codes connected to gearbox issues.
Without permission from owner they updated software resulting in gearbox going bang and is now un- drivable.
The Ombudsmen is now involved in the case.
Has anyone any ideas to causes of fault?
Thanks in advance.
Tom Skelly

Post by Tom Skelly »

My 3008 semi automatic gearbox has suddenly decided not to engage a gear until it is warmed up, takes about 15 minutes to get over 70 degrees then decides it will go in automatic. I can see that this problem has occurred frequently to other owners, does anybody have a definitive answer please ?. Thanks , Tom.
Sue Rowell

Post by Sue Rowell »

My 2013 Peugeot 3008 hybrid started feeling funny, electric motor not kicking in gear changes jerky, wrong information on dash. Took it in to Peugeot garage for diagnostic £99. They said the gear box reduction unit or something was damaged plus a few other faults. Will cost £2000 to fix. On basic state pension don't know what to do.
Hells

Post by Hells »

Hightower wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:53 pm I occasionally get this message at startup. Gearbox software reset at a recent service but still happening.

I just turn off and back on and all’s well. Doesn’t seem to affect anything when driving.
Hi do you still have this problem? Or did you get it resolved. Just asking as iI occasionally get this on startup and it disappears after 2 seconds and the car runs fine?
Thanks
joesmoking

Post by joesmoking »

I have just had this happen to me. Only done 48000 miles. Went to Peugeot garage and they explained that Peugeot have know about this for some time. cost to fix £2675.00 will never buy another Peugeot.