Energy economy mode

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Mairhaid

Post by Mairhaid »

3008 GT LINE. - 2017

Lovely car and good to drive.
First 6 month everything fine
The Stop/Start stopped working.
Low mileage etc Aircon were the explanation.
Does not concern me. Tho slightly irritating because it never works even on a touring trip.
Then the energy economy mode activated became an everyday feature rather than occasional annoyance. Every morning the message greets me when the ignition is turned on.
The system closes down an nothing will work till the engine is started. After most journeys once the engine is switched off then fairly rapidly up pops the message and the electrics close down.
It's good that this system guarantees enough power to always start the engine. But this never happened in the first 6 months or so.
Puegeot garage each complaint or service explain it's not a fault and all 3008 etc do this.
Can anyone out there confirm or deny this with there own experience. Grateful for any feedback.

Tashira

Post by Tashira »

I have the 2018 GT Line and mine went into low power mode once but it was after I had been sat for 40 mins in the rain with the engine off, wipers on, stereo on and running lights on so I felt it was justified. I’ve not had it come on since though.
David T

Post by David T »

3008 GT LINE. - 2017
I have the same problem each morning. Its not normally a problem, but when I want to set a number of journeys on the Sat Nav I need to have
the engine running.

I'd be interested to know if you had been able to resolve this.

Thanks
3008 GT line 1.6 Auto Petrol + Leather seats, Visio2 and Keyless entry in Sunset Copper
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I've never seen this. If something is left on all night then I guess this might well happen as the battery has suffered a discharge. I'd check that all lights like boot and interior are not on when you think they are off.
Loque

Post by Loque »

Probably some electronic device in car dont shut down correctly after engine is powered off. Maybe you can try to disconnect battery for some time, but I prefer talking with service. And if they will try to tell you that it is normal, no - its not normal.
V6ian

Post by V6ian »

I have a 2014 allure and have the problem. I bought it second hand at 2 years old and like you the stop/start worked okay. As i have mostly done short journeys it rarely works and i too get the same message every morning. A mate of mine has a 2008 and his stopped working. The garage said that the battery was at fault, so he got a new battery and now it works for him.
There are many reasons why the stop/start won't work. IE ; the temperature set has not been reached, air con on etc. Might be worth getting the battery checked. If that's the problem, then it's up to you to wether the cost of a new battery works out less money than the fuel you'll save.