Warped Brake Disks

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Ponty10

Post by Ponty10 »

Just been told that my brake disk are warped and they (along with the pads) need to be changed at just 22k miles. I've owned the car 4 months and only done 3k (gentle) miles myself.

The brakes have been stuttering to a stop since I bought it but have been waiting for the service to get it all checked!

Disks warped at 22k is ridiculous surely? What are they made from? Marshmallows?

Anyone else had this problem, and been able to claim under warranty?

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Do you sit with your foot on the brake pedal at traffic lights etc? The bit of the disc in contact with the pad doesn't cool so the disks distort.
Ponty10

Post by Ponty10 »

Thanks for the reply! Not really, I tend to use the parking brake much as possible but living in the valleys, means most of the time I'm stopped on some kind of hill.

No idea how the previous driver drove the car mind, so likey that is the cause then? That'll teach me for buying a nearly new car!!
Andypand

Post by Andypand »

Mine also at 20k had what appeared to be a warped front LH disc. Garage told me not a warranted part and that both front discs and brakes would need replacing.
However before anyone goes down this line i suggest 2 things.
1. Have the pads removed and dust removed then replaced using a copper grease.
2. If left standing and driving rain hits the exposed disc they tend to rust up. Just try stamping hard when moving and when safe to do so to remove the rust.
This worked for me and saved a heafty bill at the garage.
Deleted User 1837

Post by Deleted User 1837 »

Yep.....low mileage cars tend to have a 'clean' area where the pads sit....take the car ffffor a good drive and on a clear road do a few 'heavy' braking excercise ....makes all the difference...