SatNav Update problem

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Laxeybobby

Post by Laxeybobby »

I could do with some advice from more experienced users.

My vehicles current firmware is 21.06.47.34_NAC-r0
My vehicle is currently using Map Version 10.0.0-r0

I have had notification from my Peugeot App that my Firmware and SatNav map should be updated to the current versions of:

Firmware: 21.07.67.32_NAC-r0 14/05/19
SatNav: 14.0.0-r0 22/05/19

I downloaded the SatNav update from the Peugeot website having entered my VIN. I opened the PDF instructions. The PDF mentions a licence key but there is no licence key to download unless I go to the Firmware download which does have a licence key.
I downloaded that and it ended in .key.txt where the instructions refer to it ended .key

I saved the SWL file to a new USB and inserted into the vehicle, the Nav recognised the update and I followed the onscreen prompts;

I got to the screen that stated 'Update: map-eur. Do not switch off the ignition or remove the USB stick' it had a progress bar underneath. However within seconds I get another screen stating 'Update map-eur has failed'
I press the back arrow and it gives me the navigation screen.

The issue I notice now is that if I go to my System Information Screen. Under the heading of Mapping is now blank where it was stating 10.0.0-r0

Before I go an book it into the garage for a technician to look at I wanted to see if anyone could assist me

Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

Hi,
Only just seen this post and apologies if you now have it sorted, but it sounds as if your problem is the USB stick you are using to update your system.

Having done this a number of times now it is absolutely imperative that the USB stick you use is clean of any files, including system files that appear even on a brand new one that you may just have bought, before transferring the updated Peugeot files.

Depending therefore on whether you are using a Windows or Mac computer you must use the recommended cleaning software first to ensure the stick is clean prior to copying the update files over before placing it in the car. This also needs to be done again prior to any subsequent uploads.

Hope this helps.