Parking Brake (Allure)

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Michaelss

Post by Michaelss »

Hi
Just to say I’ve had this problem on my GT.
Handbrake fault warning light came on went into dealer, reset and updated software, fault appeared again following day, also new fault showing electrical system repair required.
Car now been at dealers just over a week waiting for new hand brake switch, hope this cures it but not holding my breath !!!

3008 Fanatic

Post by 3008 Fanatic »

It’s been at dealers a week!
For gods sake man, grow a pair, tell them it is not good enough. are you having to use pubic transport until it is fixed? what a load of to##ers.
I’m going to cancel my order or a 3008 GT line Titananium XRI Ghia GTI Vignale Cupta CDM if this is how they treat the man in the street.
To say we have advanced such a lot in the last 100 years, yet they can’t make a handbrake that works beggars belief.
What happened to levers and cables?
They seem to be making everything so complicated so it is cheaper to build, never mind the general public!
Jesus, soon you won’t even be able to change the oil and filter yourself. Instead you will have to take it back to the main dealer so some school kid with a laptop can reset the software and charge you £300 for the priveledge.
I can remember when you used to set the points with a fag packet and a copy of the weekly news. Windscreen wipers could be changed in 2 minutes by anyone, nowadays you have be qualified as a NASA rocket scientist.......where did it all go wrong?
I’ll tell you, since we joined the common market back in 1973 this great nation has gone downhill fast and our pathetic politicians have sat on their hands and done nothing.
British Steel owned by India, most of the high street banks and utility company’s are foreign owned. We used to have a motor industry, now we are just a third world assembly shop on cheap wages, we need to get manufacturing back to generate income for us, the taxpayers and then maybe we will start to turn the corner. The thing is, our gutless politicians are only interested in looking after themselves..... useless barstewards!
BarryP

Post by BarryP »

Due to the time involved this is just my experience.

My pre owned 3008 quickly developed a parking brake failure issue which turned out to be a cracked switch hinge which was caused by dust and debris building up in the gap under the switch, I had the switch replaced under warranty but have heard that a build up of muck or kids pulling on the switch as they do will cause one side of the switch to crack and the switch to feel normal but the micro switch inside is not operated fully.