ZEV stopped working so no longer a Hybrid

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Warren1952

Post by Warren1952 »

I have a 2012 3008 Hybrid that has just started playing up. Since a week ago I cannot select anything other than AUTO on the selector and the ZEV is just not working so no stop/start.

The display shows no power coming from the battery to the rear wheels although the battery is shown to be taking charge from the engine and looks 80% full. By switching off ECO I can use the car as a straight diesel so not an urgent problem but I wondered if anyone has had similar problems and can suggest a solution before a dealer tells me stories about how expensive it will be.

I have looked around the web and have rebooted the BSI as suggested but it has made no discernible difference. Another sufferer has suggested that a vacuum pump on the brake system may be the cause.

Any help gratefully received.

Brendancarroll123

Post by Brendancarroll123 »

In my hybrid4 I had no zev. I had a blown maxi fuse which is located under the fuse box under the bonnet. Its the first fuse. These are large fuses. Also try turning the ignition a few times while the car is in A position, then put in N position. This can activate the electric mode. Hope this helps.
mestreandre

Post by mestreandre »

I,
I have the same problem. the car doesn´t go electric mode. ZEV doesn´t work.

Before that, once I let the car go into reserve mode, low fuel light and the electric mode didn´t work. After addind diesel all system worked fine.

Tried BSI reset, check all fuses and nothing,

Can anyone help me please?

Best regards
mestreandre

Post by mestreandre »

Just the same problem!!!

Peugeot 3008 hybrid4 2015

Hello, have the same problem. The car just don´t go electric, and If I switch to ZEV , the light just jump to normal.
I look all electric fuses and connections. Took hours!

Previosly, when the low diesel ligth went on, the ZEV or electric mode didn´t work also but after fuelling all came back ok.

Tried also BSI reseting or rebooting.
Even change the battery and disconnect all stop lights; someone in foruns told that the low 12V battery didn´t let the electric motor engage or work.

when I press the car accelerator the diesel engine starts and the car moves!

Anyone can help?
Best regards
DATR

Post by DATR »

For Info

On my 3008 hybrid 2016 model, "Electric Mode isn't available" and it won't go into ZEV mode, instantly switches back to Auto, when the Air Conditioning is ON.

Turn the air conditioning to OFF and ZEV mode becomes available.
DATR

Post by DATR »

DATR wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:59 am For Info

Air Conditioning and ZEV mode on 3008 Hybrid

On my 3008 hybrid 2016 model, "Electric Mode isn't available" and it won't go into ZEV mode, instantly switches back to Auto, when the Air Conditioning is ON.

Turn the air conditioning to OFF and ZEV mode becomes available.
Mrwhite

Post by Mrwhite »

The problem is probably the electric vacum pump.
If you have planet you should see the error message definitive loss of control of the vacuum pump.
In the abs section.
So also in the abs section do an actuator test on the vacuum pump relay
It says you will hear clicking from the relay.
But you will also hear the vacuum pump run too, if you don't I would 100% guarantee the pump has failed. The relay will be fine also check the 30 amp maxi fuse in the engine bay fuse box first.
So why does this affect the zev well when the engine cuts power to use zev and zero emissions without the electric vacum pump you would lose your brakes! Because the engine is not creating the vacuum So this is why it can't be selected.
Awd and auto and sport are not affected because the engine is still running

Trust me I've change 3 now