Trailer lights

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

Anyone use their 3008 for towing?

Am trying to find out if there is supposed to be a function on the dashboard to enable the driver to tell if a trailer’s lights are functioning correctly. I have a non Peugeot towbar fitted but the correct, and only, proper Peugeot wiring loom installed.

On previous cars I’ve owned there has been a buzzer, or similar, which operates when things like indicators are activated. That way it’s possible to tell, or assume, that everything is as it should be. However, there appears to be no way of telling whether all trailer electrics are functioning correctly during driving. Only way is to check before setting off and at the destination.

Thanks

Trebor

Post by Trebor »

I have a Peugeot fitted detachable tow bar and yes a buzzer does sound on the dashboard when the indicator is used. However we always check the trailer lights anyway before leaving.
GT Line 1.6 Petrol Auto Perlescent White
Heated Front Seats with Driver Massage Function, Full Size Alloy Spare, Detachable Towbar with 13 Pin Plug, Smart Electric Tailgate inc Open & Go, Adaptive Cruise Control, Visio Park 2
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

I have dedicated towing electrics on my Allure. There is no beeper for the indicators. The car's lamp failure system throws up an alarm message with the spanner symbol instead.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

Sounds like two different systems there. What’s going on I wonder?