2019 3008 1.2 Puretech Fuel Consumption

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Happypug

Post by Happypug »

I bought a new 3008, 1.2 Puretech in November this year. Next day the Engine Management Light came on and a message stated a repair was needed. Dealer suggested a dirty fuel filter then, after a look at the car, stated it was a "software" fault and the car wasn't communicating with itself properly!

After having it for a few days a new software version was dowlnoaded and I received the car back. Next day the same problem occurred! This time a fuel sensor was replaced and this was supposed to cure the problems. The car loses power on occasion and then picks up again. This happens intermittently but always in low gear. I am only getting c. 26mpg doing Urban driving. My dealer suggests this is not unusual for this engine, given the power/weight ratio, the fact that it has a Turbo fitted etc, etc. He reckons I should not expect higher mpg doing Urban trips as I am not factoring in long runs! I suggested that then I wouldn't be doing an Urban cycle but a combined cycle. I also pointed out that the Real mpg is supposed to be between 32 and 51.5 mpg. I achieved high 30's in my 2013, 2L 3008 Diesel doing the same as I do now.

Has anyone else got Urban figures for an equivalent 3008?

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I have a 1.2 auto 3008 bought new in August 2018 and with 6300 miles recorded at the last fill. My average fuel consumption is 38.4 calculated, not using the onboard results which are normally optimistic. Most of my motoring is local short runs. My lowest ever mpg was in February 2019 at 31.8 mpg which suffered from cold morning starts with engine running to defrost inside of windscreen and no long runs. My best ever was 44.3 in September this year after 2 runs of 100 miles and a very small amount of local running . A 1360 mile return trip to Denmark this summer was at 42mpg but a lot of that journey was at 130 kph (81mph). I hope this has been helpful,certainly I have never seen a return as low as 26mpg.
Happypug

Post by Happypug »

Thank you deccadick for your response. I'm also of the opinion that 26mpg is unacceptable. The car is booked in to have the problem looked at so we will see if they find anything wrong.
topsense

Post by topsense »

I've had the 1.2 auto for just over a year... my driving is all urban, but still, consumption is pretty disappointing at around 28mpg as well (usually it'll be floating around the mid 9's km/l) ... i've put it down to the auto box revving for a long time in low gears due to urban driving :/
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I often use the + paddle to change into 6th (top) at a slightly lower speed than the auto would make the change. Why not use the paddles to reduce engine speed if you think that is the problem? Alternatively select Manual and make the gear changes yourself
botty1963

Post by botty1963 »

I have the same, August 2018 model, and on average I get about 42mpg with mixed driving. I must admit I have never measured what I get on specific road types.