manual mode in EAT8

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Thomas2019

Post by Thomas2019 »

Hi,

I saw Manual mode option in the EAT8 gearbox.

Can I ask, Is that useful this manual mode?
I think, it looks more complicated...

Thank You

Deleted User 1837

Post by Deleted User 1837 »

Hi...is it not the same as in the '6 speed'..you just use the paddle shift,up/dpwm the gears so youre in control as to when you change gear...i've only used mine once to give me that 'race boy' feeling ..but also give you thr option of engine braking in tricky conditions....
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I use the paddles occasonally on my EAT6 to change gear (up or down) before the system would otherwise do it. Manual selection when descending steep hills is useful as Toby53 indicates.
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

I tow a caravan with my 3008 SUV and find the paddle shifts very useful for undulating and twisty roads.
Geoffh

Post by Geoffh »

I only use it for engine braking on steep descents.
It’s the only manual override of an automatic gearbox I have come across when you ONLY have paddle-shifts.
Usually you have the gearstick option as well.... so BEWARE don’t move the gearshift into neutral by accident as I did, expecting to be able to operate the system by gear shift!!
Current vehicles: Peugeot 3008 1.6 GTL Auto (2019) & Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Auto (2018)
Peugeot 3008 1.2 EAT8 on order….. estimated Oct 2023 delivery!!
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Geoff,
On the gear stick there is a square black button "M". Press it and use the paddle shifts to manually change the gears up and down. There is no need to touch the gear shift again, unless it's to switch off the "M" button and return to automatic mode.
Geoffh

Post by Geoffh »

I use the M button and the paddles but on previous cars I had the option, when in “manual mode”, to use either the paddles or the gear lever... it took a bit to get used to not using the gear lever when on previous vehicles I could use either paddles or gear lever. Now I’ve got used to it it’s fine but initially I kept trying to use either the paddles or gear lever with interesting results!
Current vehicles: Peugeot 3008 1.6 GTL Auto (2019) & Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Auto (2018)
Peugeot 3008 1.2 EAT8 on order….. estimated Oct 2023 delivery!!
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Geoffh,
I know how you feel. The changes in technology is sometimes difficult to keep up with. I tow a caravan and the quick method of using the paddle shifts are a blessing. As I can keep both hands where they are needed the most. The only thing I dislike is the method of making changes to the heating and ventilation system, I would prefer switches and knobs.