My Peugeot app on iPhone

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
awol

Post by awol »

I have installed the My Peugeot app on my iPhone and I am unable to get to record my trips with any form of consistency.

I first installed it and set it up and it recorded 5 out of the 7 trips I made, then suddenly stopped working. Bluetooth connection is fine and the phone connects to the car every time I start it. The phone app is left open on the phone.

I removed the app completely, removed Bluetooth connection and started the whole process again. Now although the phone is connected to the Bluetooth, the app is now not recording any trips at all. The app connects but records nothing.
I have an iPhone 10s max running ios 13.3.1

Anyone had a similar experience and got a fix or is this one for the Peugeot app guys?

Thanks

janseman

Post by janseman »

I have exactly the same problem, it worked very well for two years and suddenly it doesn't work, exactly similar as discribed.
I contacted Peugeot Netherlands, where I live, it seems that they are not able to solve or even worse, do not want to solve the problem.
It may be same in Brittain: helpdesk employee> very friendly woman> but does not have any feelings with technical problems> and tells me that she will sent te problem to Technical support.
As far as now : never have had any response anymore.
What I think is that My Peugeot app does not connect anymore with Peugeot server, since my personal data are not in the app anymore.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Mine sometimes misses several days but always catches up eventually.
jsmith5129

Post by jsmith5129 »

This has happened to me recently! I collected my 3008 in December and it worked fine, but it stopped working over 2 weeks ago!

The APP had signed me out for whatever reason and I tried signing back in but it wasn't recognising the password. After numerous password resets, I eventually gave up - uninstalled the APP - reinstalled it and signed in with my new password reset details! Hey presto it worked fine; however, I'd lost all my data since December 2nd.

I've now noticed it sometimes connects, but not always. So, what I find works best for me is to Select the Bluetooth option on the screen - disconnect my phone even though it's connected, and then reconnect it. The APP then asks for permission to pair with my iPhone XS. I know it's a pain but I've had no problems since doing this.

I do know Peugeot updated the software of the APP around the time it signed me out, and I'm surmising this was the reason why! Reading on other Peugeot forums it mentions it's very temperamental to say the least, but I do enjoy using it and comparing the stats.
gingermoonman

Post by gingermoonman »

Do you need to have the app open for it too record info?
awol

Post by awol »

I have found that if you open the app before getting in the car and do not connect your phone using the USB cable for CarPlay or charging, let it connect to the bluetooth, then all journeys are recored after your stop. The issue in journeys not being recorded is related to the disconnection of the bluetooth when you stop the car and turn off the ignition when a USB cable is connected. The bluetooth is connected throughout the journey (you can make phone calls etc), but once you stop and turn off the ignition, the bluetooth disconnects immediately preventing the app from recording the journey. You wont lose this journey information as it is stored in the cars memory, you just have to stop using CarPlay via the USB cable on your next journey in order for the app to pick up the stored data.
This USB cable issue has been an issue that Peugeot are aware of and seem unable to fix. So for now it seems that the workaround i describe above it the only option.