Engine Warning Lights

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Timbowyc

Post by Timbowyc »

Hi ,

I have 2017 1.2 3008 manual , just recently I’ve had Orange oil pressure warning come on . It’s been to an independent mechanic as my dealership is closed because of covid19.

Two sensors were replaced including oil pressure sensor . Since coming back the orange oil pressure fault is showing up intermittently . You turn the engine off & it clears . I’ve also had the red stop 🛑 oil pressure come on & then go straight off however on one occasion car did seem to go in limp home mode . I turned engine off & it was fine . I’ve had diagnostics done again twice but there are no fault codes showing in the log . Car has done 40k miles . Mechanic thinks the car could need a software update .

Any help would be much appreciated

DeeB

Post by DeeB »

Hi. I know its been a while since your original post but I wonder if you got to the bottom of this. My 2018 3008 has the same issue. Thanks
Timbowyc

Post by Timbowyc »

Hi Dee , it turned out to be the cam belt perishing & particles were getting into the engine . A known problem By Peugeot . They replaced the cam belt with a new improved cam belt , all done under warranty
SMP

Post by SMP »

Hi,
I am having the exact same issue, DeeB did yours end up being the timing belt too?