Android auto/mirror link

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Flemtyke

Post by Flemtyke »

Hi people,

New here I've had my 2017 3008 gt line just 3 days now and coming from a 12 year old firsts style it's quite a jump :shock:

Anyways I've been playing around but failing miserably with connecting my phone, I managed to connect via Bluetooth but although information is on the screen there's no sound,

Mirrorlink just doesn't do anything just tells me to connect my usb but then nothing and Android auto is nowhere to be found yet everywhere I look people say they have it even on the early cats sooo where is it??

Help please

Flemtyke

Post by Flemtyke »

Can anyone help??
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Flemtyke,
Android Auto will only work with a USB cable. If you don't have Android Auto on your phone, then you need to install it. Once you have installed AA and connected with a good quality USB cable, there will be some settings to use. YouTube is a good source of the setup.
David
buckgw

Post by buckgw »

A few hints here on my Australian 3008....USB cable quality is v important for Android Auto

https://gandstravelblog.wordpress.com/2020/03/
Flemtyke

Post by Flemtyke »

Hi guys thanks for both your responses, I purchased an Anker usb cable, this charges my phone fine but that is it as for Android auto as I put in the op the option isn't even on my sources screen I only have mirrorlink which doesn't work and car play which is greyed out so I'm confused as literally everywhere else I look Android auto is available it's even my handbook

I did today find the version and noted it was dated 1/1/1970 and my navigation was dated 2016 I have contacted Peugeot to see if updates are available, could this be the reason AA is nowhere to be seen?

Thanks again for the responses