Tyre pressure sensors

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
buckgw

Post by buckgw »

I had a 2015 3008 and had the tyre pressure sensors give me a 'low pressure' warning.

I now have a 2019 3008 Gti and had a flat tyre last week with no warning. To be fair, I had run over a screw, left the vehicle overnight and the tyre deflated overnight. On backing out, I noticed and sorted it out.

I asked my Peugeot guy why no warning? He said that the 308 had actual pressure sensors (which were liable to damage when tyres changed by clumsy tyre guys) but that the 3008 detects changes in the tyre over short periods of time, not actual pressure. So since the car had just started it had no base to detect changes???

Not sure of changes in what, if not tyre pressure.

I'm in Australia if that matters - not sure if this applies globally?

GB

TheBigMac

Post by TheBigMac »

I also have a 2015 3008 which has tyre pressure sensors in each wheel, but the car does not have the tyre pressure monitoring display inside the car. That has always been a mystery to me, but while researching about TPMS I understood that it is a dynamic system - it only monitors when the car is actually moving and looks for a pressure drop in the tyre from the start of the journey, which would indicate a puncture has occurred. It doesn't measure actual pressure as such, at least in our 2015 models and by the sound of it your 2019 is the same.

Curious to know if your 2015 had a TPMS display or if it just sits hidden until activated...?
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I have a 2021 3008 and the TPMS simply lets you know that one of the tyres is low in pressure. It doesn't tell you which one so it is a relatively simple procedure of looking and/or checking all 4 with a gauge.
RockHu

Post by RockHu »

Hi....my first theory would be that most likely method the battery is going dead in one of the sensors . . . which will be somewhat of an aggravation since you must sort out which one it is, and they supplant the battery or the whole sensor on the off chance that it continues to occur (not certain if the batteries are replaceable or then again on the off chance that you need to supplant the entire sensor)

The admonition for low tire pressure is unique, something like "low tire pressure"