Stop start on 3008 1.2 GT Line Auto. Handbrake application?

The place to discuss everything else..
Doogalit

Post by Doogalit »

Firstly I absolutely love our now week old 3008 1.2 GT Line Auto for appearance inside and out, comfort and drive. The finish is amazing and I hope I'm going to maintain this by learning from the experience of other members as time goes on.
I have one particular question which is regarding the stop start function on my auto model.
When I stop at traffic lights or stuck in traffic I would like to apply the electronic handbrake and release the pressure from the footbrake, but when I do the engine which has stopped normally immediately starts up.
I'd like to know if this is standard or can the electronic handbrake be altered for the engine to remain stopped until I move off again.
Sometimes as you know, you can be stopped for several minutes in traffic having to maintain pedal pressure with your brighter brake lights dazzling the driver behind.
I would be grateful for any advice.

Spb1948

Post by Spb1948 »

As far as I know this is the way it is designed, engine will also start if a door is opened to let a passenger out or in. The full manual is available on line for download all 500 plus pages quite a lot more than in the hard copy book some 300 pages
This also covers more on the auto features.

Spb
Doogalit

Post by Doogalit »

Thanks for your reply, I've accessed the on-line manual but can't spot any reference to my query unfortunately. At the moment I can't think of any logical reason why you can't release the foot pedal and apply the electronic handbrake without the engine starting up. It seems to defeat the purpose of reducing petrol consumption and pollution. I'm sure somebody will able to tell me sooner or later without me feeling too daft.
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

I currently own a Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 CVT but am falling in love with the 3008. Anyway, if it helps at all, the Qashqai does exactly the same. The engine cuts out when your foot is on the brake pedal, but if you apply the electric handbrake then the engine starts up. It must be something common with all stop/start systems, and as you say is a tad frustrating.
mikem

Post by mikem »

What happens when you apply the hand brake first then take your foot off the brake?
Peugeot 3008 GT-line Premium 1.5 Black Hdi 130 auto with adaptive cruise control to stop. Ordered February, collected 24th March 2020.
Artxe

Post by Artxe »

You can put the car in N and release the footbrake and the engine will remain off, then put your foot on the brake pedal and move lever to D again and off you go. Works very well .
Mik207

Post by Mik207 »

Put it in N or P same as a manual car
Mik207

Post by Mik207 »

Could be worse, I came from 2008 with the "funky" handbrake, after getting mine every time I was ready to set off I kept opening the center consul was so used to handbrake being there lol
mixer

Post by mixer »

I have a 1.2 manual. When I stop at lights or traffic I apply the hand bake take foot off clutch and the engine cuts out 90% of the time. As soon as I depress the clutch to get ready to move off the engine starts again. Opening the door or undoing the seat belt will cause the engine to restart as well.