Live Traffic updates

The place to discuss everything else..
Voyager13

Post by Voyager13 »

I have a new 3008 (well its a year old now). 9 months ago live traffic stopped working. I spent months trying to get the dealer to sort it out but they couldn't or wouldn't.

As the car was coming up for its annual service I thought it would be good to try and get the issue resolved. They didn't resolve the issue and told me there was no fault. In fact they have taken the car back five times now and every time they tell me there is nothing wrong with the sat nav and every time I tell them its not the sat nav but the live traffic.

"Oh" they say; take the car back only to send me a report a day or two later to say sat nav is working.

So now I have decided that the only way I am going to get this fixed is if I can do it myself. I really have given up hope with the dealer as they just don't listen to what you say.

Does anyone know how to get live traffic updates to work (it used to work for the first 3 months).

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

It's a long shot but maybe TomTom will be more amenable than Peugeot.
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

I would be inclined to take the car to a different Peugeot dealer. The one you are using obviously not interested in you as a customer?
One thing you could try is to connect the car to you mobile phone hotspot. This should give you "Tomtom Traffic" on the bottom right of the Navigation screen.

David
Voyager13

Post by Voyager13 »

Thank you for the suggestions, its such a shame that you can't get help from people you think you should be able to trust. Its not a big deal not having live traffic, but its a really big deal when you get no help from customer service. I can't help thinking it would be the same thing if it were something serious and where would I be then. So I won't be taking the risk going forward with my next new car in a few years time.