ECO start stop mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Julain

Post by Julain »

Collected my beautiful new Peugeot 3008 2 days ago and realised this morning that the start stop Eco mode is not working even though it is set to "on" and is activated. Anybody else experienced this issue?

Julain

Post by Julain »

I have sussed it out. Doesn't operate if air conditioning is on. Possibly doesn't work either if the electronic parking brake is activated. All is good and as it should be. Love the car and the hurricane grey paint.
Bassetlady

Post by Bassetlady »

Not seen a Hurricane Grey one Julain. How about a photo?
Gill
1.2 Petrol Auto Allure in Sunset Copper
peyton1

Post by peyton1 »

I have a 66 reg 2017 3008 crossover 1.6HDI allure with stop/start system that does not work. Tried all that it states in handbook plus talked to the dealer, told they rarely work. Hired in past 12 months 2 3008 which worked perfectly. Is there anyone out there can help. getting really miffed.
Geo
Tashira

Post by Tashira »

If it senses there is too much of a drain on the battery - the stop/start deactivates itself temporarily. I have found this is particularly the case if the air con or front windscreen blower is on.
Jonnyb1978

Post by Jonnyb1978 »

Mine seemed to work the odd time when first got it. Not worked since. Tried with air con, blower off. Not using parking break. Other buts and bobs. Still doesn't work. The green 'A' light with the arrow flashes when stopped but engine never cuts out.
Stevecrawf

Post by Stevecrawf »

My car is the same, it worked sometimes and now it wont work at all. The green light flashes and then goes out, even if I have no extra electrics running. I know the handbook says it might be battery power but if I am not using much battery power then why is it still not working, can't be anything to do with temperature as it is warmer now than when it last worked (February).
Timbowyc

Post by Timbowyc »

I’ve had my 3008 Allure for a week now but today the auto stop didn’t work . Temp on screen said 37 degrees outside , system kept saying outside temperature too extreme so EcoStop turned off . Now it’s cooled down it’s back working . Not sure if this helps
Jonnyb1978

Post by Jonnyb1978 »

Thanks Timbowc, I've never had this or any message regarding the stop start feature. Seems a strange one.
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Maybe going out on a limb here, but I’m going to ask if the dealership can permanently disable this when it goes in for it’s first service.

I’ve got the 1.6 petrol automatic and it really jerks when setting off if activated.

I now have a routine of turning it off every time I get in the car.

Anyone else with me?