Stop start problem

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
bogweed

Post by bogweed »

Had my 3008 for about 3 weeks from new. Stop start worked fine for about 2 weeks but now stopped working. Been in settings and switched it on and off to no effect. When stopped in traffic the engine wont stop. It runs continuously. Any ideas how to rectify the fault.

daveking26

Post by daveking26 »

This happened to me, but it worked OK later, I put it down to the fact that I AC on low at the time when it did not work, so maybe the engine does not stop if it needs to run for certain instances.
Deleted User 724

Post by Deleted User 724 »

Its quite normal for the stop & Sart not to work on occasion, Info from the manual listing conditions that will prevent it from working;

STOP mode is not invoked when:
- the vehicle is on a steep slop (rising or
falling),
- the driver's door is open,
- the driver's seat belt is not fastened,
- the vehicle has not exceeded 6 mph
(10 km/h) since the last engine start (with
the key or the START/STOP button),
- the electric parking brake is applied or
being applied,
- the engine is needed to maintain a
comfortable temperature in the passenger
compartment,
- demisting is active,
- some special conditions (battery charge,
engine temperature, braking assistance,
ambient temperature...) where the engine is
needed to assure control of a system.
In this case, this indicator lamp flashes
for a few seconds then goes off.
John Scott

Post by John Scott »

I find that stop start inconsistent when light touch applied to brake pedal.
Stevecrawf

Post by Stevecrawf »

Mine stopped working for a couple of weeks then I gave the car a good wash with a deep clean on the wheels, hey Presto it started working again, I guess there must be some sort of sensors around the wheels to detect the movement.
Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Some months ago there was some discussion on Start/Stop eco mode on the new 3008. At that time one member who went under the name of 'Hightower' was going to contact his dealer to see if this mode could be disabled permanently rather than having to turn it off every time the engine was restarted. I would like to disable mine as at times I find it a nuisance. Also I do not notice much benefit with fuel economy ( 36.1 mpg) as it is only stopping for seconds at times which I would guess puts more wear on the starting motor. Does any member know if the Start/ Stop can be disabled permanently.
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Hi Wheelchap.

I did request this when the car went in for service, but was told this couldn’t be deactivated permanently.
I now have a bit of a start up routine which includes turning this off on screen each time I get into the car.
I had this system on a Mazda 3 and Nissan Qashqai, both of which were manuals and they worked well.
My 3008 is an automatic and I just can’t get this to engage smoothly, so I’ve chosen to turn it off each day.
Hope that helps.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Hi Hightower,

I can only say that the Stop/Start on my 5 week old 3008 Auto works perfectly unlike the previous 2008 in which it seldom worked.
What do you mean by "can't get this to engage smoothly"?
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Hi deccadick.

Maybe I just have a heavy right foot, but no matter how lightly I lift off the brake, or apply throttle there is always a jolt.

I’ve now got into a start up routine as the jolt ruins an otherwise brilliant drive.
MJTALLEN

Post by MJTALLEN »

We have also noted that the Start\Stop is deactivated when the outside temperature is above 35 degrees!