What cars did...

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Matt12345

Post by Matt12345 »

you consider before purchasing the 3008? What did the 3008 have that swung it for you? What have you accepted it doesn’t do or have that the others did.
I am considering many cars at the moment even the bigger 5008 and the smaller Mazda X30 (however contradictory that may sound).
I would have really liked sliding rear seats and a heated seat option (that would be cheaper without the massage function).
A heated screen option would have been good.
It annoys me that the rear centre headrest isn’t really adjustable and falls out.
And the fake exhausts are unbecoming of what is trying to be a quality car.
I also wish the Pug dealerships were better, they still seem to be set in the 80’s with poor ‘salesmen’, no different to Nissan or Ford though TBH.
I always swore I’d never buy another Pug, but nothing seems to match the interior and exterior design of the 3008, although it’s a bit flashy on the outside - too much chrome.
I think they missed a trick not having either a USB or 12V output in the very large centre storage.

JamesG75

Post by JamesG75 »

In the UK dealers are there to sell you finance - if they're good - all the better but in reality you're better off knowing the car you are looking to buy and therefore able to appraise it when you test drive it.

The centre storage is cooled - so placing a 12v in there doesn't seem a good idea.

I only considered two cars - Honda Civic Sport Plus and the 3008 - different cars but two cars with personality and none of the blandness that afflicts modern cars.

I wouldn't buy a 3008 new personally - i think it is expensive and i think the way the options are offered is expensive, of course if you choose to buy one new, then that's your choice. I think the 3008 is well equipped as standard - mines literally standard spec - but it has all the safety kit which i really want and the amazing LED smartbeam lights which are awesome, really, the safest brightest lights i have driven with.

I do think it should have more USB's - at least two up front but hey, i can live with that.

I am also surprised that the cook doesn't allow you to display music / radio or telephone - most people using android auto or apple carplay but equally, that would have been nice.

It's a very stylish vehicle and really stands out - the interior feels very special as well.

James
Tashira

Post by Tashira »

I reviewed pretty much everything on the UK market before coming back to the car I looked at first - the 3008! I was looking for a SUV so even did spreadsheets to compare specs and costs and the 3008 came out on top every time! Personally found the Peugeot dealers very helpful and happy to assist. Ended up with a GTLine with some extras and love it. For us, we made the right choice. Good luck
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Like Tashira I reviewed almost everything on the market. It is surprising though when you want a petrol engine coupled to a proper torque converter gearbox the choice narrows somewhat. Also I have no experience of VAG machines and to be honest I'm not really interested in getting any. You are then left with Mazda, Renault, Fiat, Honda, Toyota. The Mazda CX-5 doesn't come petrol/auto. Honda C-HR looks cramped in the back. Toyota RAV-4 is expensive and may have a CVT box, Fiat is a Fiat so we are left with Peugeot and Renault. I have a 2008 which is OK but a bit on the small side however I like the 1.2 three pot job and the EAT6 gearbox. So the 3008 Allure with a couple of extras fits my bill. fits my bill. The more expensive models have bits and pieces I don't really want, i.e glass roof, heated seats, massage seats, etc etc. I have Grip Control on my 2008 but only had occasion to use it once in snowy conditions but it seems a worthwhile addition. I had keyless entry on a Mazda 3 and miss it on the 2008 so I have ordered that extra with the auto tailgate feature. I got a good trade in value (they matched the WeBuyAnyCar value) and 0% finance over 3 years was a no brainer. CarWow discount was decent although I think I could have done as well if not a little better but was of course hassle free. I did not order the 3008 from the dealership I bought the 2008 from as they were next to useless. Only time will tell whether this one is any better, somehow I doubt it. Maybe an equivalent Citroen (same PSA Group) would have been as good but we don't have a dealership handy. I look forward to getting it next month, maybe!