WINDSREEN

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
hazmanu@aol.com

Post by hazmanu@aol.com »

Hi all, Had to have my windscreen replaced today due to huge chip/crack..
Autoglass said I now need to have the screen re-cabulated ?
Anyone heard of this and would cost as its a main dealer situation?

Trebor

Post by Trebor »

Hi,

I had the same thing happen to me after less than 200 miles.

I took mine to the dealer and they re-calibrated the cameras and whatever! They charged about £130 which I paid and then re-claimed off my insurance company, Direct Line. They did not quibble, though I did speak to them before having it done and got a claim reference. Since it was solely to do with the windscreen replacement it did not affect my no claims discount.
GT Line 1.6 Petrol Auto Perlescent White
Heated Front Seats with Driver Massage Function, Full Size Alloy Spare, Detachable Towbar with 13 Pin Plug, Smart Electric Tailgate inc Open & Go, Adaptive Cruise Control, Visio Park 2
khidhaboy

Post by khidhaboy »

Hi all,

I noticed last night that my front windscreen had not one but 2 cracks. Difficult to spot from within the car as they are very low down below where the wipers rest.

I only spotted when I tried to clean the wipers - 2 longish (8 -10 inches) cracks one going left from centre the other going right from the centre. I don't recall any kind of stone clipping my screen.

Wonder if there was a defect perhaps?

I've got an Autoglass appointment arranged now and will ask the engineer if he/she thinks is odd or normal. But they did say they "autoglass" don't yet have the kit to re-calibrate the safety camera - only the dealer can do this
3008 GT Line - Pearl White - 1.6 Auto
relish

Post by relish »

Hi there,

I had the same appear a couple of weeks ago! About 10 inches left and 10 inches right from the centre up high by the camera. Don't recall hearing or seeing a chip or stone or anything.

OK, here's my issue. 3008, GT Line 1.6 Auto in black and new this year, only had the car a couple of months. Auto Windscreens did the replacement windscreen, all fine, but insist the camera doesn't need calibrating. The dealer tells me it does. Auto Windscreens keep insisting it doesn't require re-calibration having checked their system and processes.

I see the above post says that Autoglass don't have the kit to re-calibrate the camera, only a dealer can do it. And I have Auto Windscreens telling me the safety camera does not require calibration!

Obviously, I'm concerned there is some 'slopey-shoulder' stuff going on here from Auto Windscreens. Or are they correct in saying it doesn't need calibration?

Some informed help and advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Trebor

Post by Trebor »

What does the dealer say about having the camera etc re calibrated. Whatever they say you should go by. I had my windscreen replaced April 2017 and had it recalibrated on the advice of Autoglass. I paid the dealer and Direct Line reminbursed me. It did not affect my no claims discount as it was purely to do with the windscreen. I did speak to Direct Line first though to get a claims reference. My crack was on the bottom of the windscreen and there was a clear stone chip at the route of the crack.
GT Line 1.6 Petrol Auto Perlescent White
Heated Front Seats with Driver Massage Function, Full Size Alloy Spare, Detachable Towbar with 13 Pin Plug, Smart Electric Tailgate inc Open & Go, Adaptive Cruise Control, Visio Park 2
relish

Post by relish »

Thanks for replying, Trebor.

Auto Windscreens insist it does not need recalibrating yet the dealer says it does. I think I agree with you in trusting the dealer because Auto Windscreens say if I go ahead and have it calibrated, I will have to pay. If there is the slightest question of safety, shouldn't they promote the recalibration? Why their system says it's not necessary to recalibrate when other companies differ I do not know. Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.
hazmanu@aol.com

Post by hazmanu@aol.com »

Hi relish,
Our local dealer in Rochdale said they needed the car all day for the re-calibrating, it needed a full tank of fuel, they needed our permission to take it on the motorway!
The weather had to be perfect, the boot had to be empty and wanted to know why we hadn't got the windscreen replaced by them!
We hadn't noticed any affects by the change of the glass, everything worked as it should so we decided not to have it done.
Read somewhere that windscreen replacement excess is about to rise because of all this.
relish

Post by relish »

Hi hazmanu,
Thanks very much for responding. That adds to my suspicions of dealers looking to make some extra pocket money! It's good that the change of screen didn't affect the camera for you. I'm not entirely sure everything is quite right with mine, but maybe I'm just imagining anomalies because I'm a little paranoid and confused! Were that diagonal lines on the overhead reverse screen image there before? Or should I be seeing the entire roof of the car all the time when reversing? Or is it just the front facing sensors for oncoming headlights etc that would be affected if recalibration were necessary? I don't know...
nelson.nunez29

Post by nelson.nunez29 »

Hi khidhaboy,

Today I took my car to the dealer for the third time in a year because of this crack that keeps coming out od the center of the windscreen. They say it looks like a stone might have hit it on the road but I don't remember it happening.

Have this happened to you again ?

Nelson
khidhaboy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm Hi all,

I noticed last night that my front windscreen had not one but 2 cracks. Difficult to spot from within the car as they are very low down below where the wipers rest.

I only spotted when I tried to clean the wipers - 2 longish (8 -10 inches) cracks one going left from centre the other going right from the centre. I don't recall any kind of stone clipping my screen.

Wonder if there was a defect perhaps?

I've got an Autoglass appointment arranged now and will ask the engineer if he/she thinks is odd or normal. But they did say they "autoglass" don't yet have the kit to re-calibrate the safety camera - only the dealer can do this
APOIIO11

Post by APOIIO11 »

Hi,
My wife's Peugeot 3008 Allure, has developed a large crack in the front windscreen starting from where the rear view mirror attaches to the glass and then starts to run along the passenger side. I am sure this has not been a stone chip issue as my wife only drives the car to work and back, Just a 20min journey and she has told me no stone has hit the windscreen and there is no evidence of this. I don't think the crack was there on Friday 20th Sept 2019 as we were both in the car and drove it straight to the dealer for it's 2,500km free service, if the crack was there I would hope they would pick up such a large crack, Saturday it was parked in the Garage, then drove it a short distance to the shops on Sunday for food shopping, then Monday today my wife was driving the car to work and noticed the large crack.
This crack seems to have developed quickly after the free service. We love our Peugeot but wondering if there is a defect in the front screen. We are taking it back to the dealer to have a look at the front windscreen and to see if it's a warranty issue.
Regards
APOIIO11