WHO IS WAITING ON DELIVERY

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Trebor

Post by Trebor »

Suggest you calll the dealer. I ordered mine on 23 Jan and was told 2 weeks ago it was on the way. Phoned them today and they have it. Picking it up on Friday.
GT Line 1.6 Petrol Auto Perlescent White
Heated Front Seats with Driver Massage Function, Full Size Alloy Spare, Detachable Towbar with 13 Pin Plug, Smart Electric Tailgate inc Open & Go, Adaptive Cruise Control, Visio Park 2

kensden

Post by kensden »

When I first put the post up I stated that I only had 28 more sleeps before I got my car, But I made a mistake , my wife reminded me that
I have a sleep in the afternoon so that makes it 56 more sleeps, so my wait is even longer than I thought.
So I have a sleep in the afternoon as usual get up, have a meal then go to bed about 6.30 and I must say the time is flying.
wilwolves

Post by wilwolves »

Trebor wrote:Suggest you calll the dealer. I ordered mine on 23 Jan and was told 2 weeks ago it was on the way. Phoned them today and they have it. Picking it up on Friday.
I have Thanks......Nothing.
Bassetlady

Post by Bassetlady »

Mine was delivered to the dealers on 12th April and I was so excited to be told that I could collect it yesterday at 2.30pm. Last Friday the car was going to be fetched from the compound, valeted and held in the workshop over Easter for safe keeping but as it was approaching 5pm the valeters just couldn't be bothered so in the compound it stayed.

At 1.30pm yesterday, while I was travelling to collect my beautiful Sunset Copper car, I received a phone call to tell me that over the weekend some lowlife has lobbed something over the fence onto the roof of my car, denting , splitting and scratching the roof just above the offside rear door. There is a fair amount of damage so unfortunately I did not pick up my car as promised. It has now gone into the body shop while I wait for the repair to be done so looks like it's going to be another 7-10 days, hopefully.

The dealer has searched the country's for another car for me but there isn't one and I have been asked if I want to order another car but I've been told it will take about 4-5 months. I have therefore decided to see what the roof looks like after the repair has been done and if I'm happy with it I shall keep it but if not.....who knows?
Gill
1.2 Petrol Auto Allure in Sunset Copper
kensden

Post by kensden »

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your car,if you do or don't accept the car after repair I would be seeking some form of compensation from the dealer. Keep the forum informed.
Good Luck !
Trebor

Post by Trebor »

Hard to understand the 4 to 5 month delivery as Peugeot is now quotinging 9 weeks on factory orders. Is the dealer trying to coerce you into accepting a damage repaired car?
GT Line 1.6 Petrol Auto Perlescent White
Heated Front Seats with Driver Massage Function, Full Size Alloy Spare, Detachable Towbar with 13 Pin Plug, Smart Electric Tailgate inc Open & Go, Adaptive Cruise Control, Visio Park 2
Bassetlady

Post by Bassetlady »

Trebor wrote:Hard to understand the 4 to 5 month delivery as Peugeot is now quotinging 9 weeks on factory orders. Is the dealer trying to coerce you into accepting a damage repaired car?
Unfortunately Trebor, the 9 week factory order target is a load of rubbish and as soon as the order goes in they start pushing the delivery dates further and further back. I actually sat with the manager on Tuesday and watched him put in an order in the same spec as mine and the expected date of delivery would not show up. When mine was ordered in January I knew straight away that it would be here around the 10th April and it was just 2days late.

My car is a leased car and it will never be mine so I can take comfort in knowing that in 3 years time I will be getting another. It doesn't stop me feeling extremely p****d off though as this malicious damage was totally avoidable and I hope the garage learn by this incident. If a car is registered, full of fuel and ready to be collected by the customer don't rely on some moron to make sure that it is kept in a safe area, in my case in the workshop over the Easter weekend while the service department is closed. The sales department should have taken responsibility for making sure their request was dealt with. Ah well, hindsight is a wonderful thing
Gill
Copper

Post by Copper »

Really dissapointing news for you Bassetlady. Even though you wont be keeping the car after 3 years make sure you get written details of what happened and the repair from your dealer just in case there is an issue. And to get it recorded by Peugeot UK in case of warranty claim. Get an independent report of the fix at the cost to the dealer?

My dealer called today.... still no build date after being ordered on 26 March. At this rate it seems no chance of end of May delivery.
GT Line 1.2 petrol auto in sunset copper : smart electric tailgate with open & go : 360 camera : roof bars
Ordered 26 March 2017, collected 14 June 2017
Bassetlady

Post by Bassetlady »

Copper wrote:Really dissapointing news for you Bassetlady. Even though you wont be keeping the car after 3 years make sure you get written details of what happened and the repair from your dealer just in case there is an issue. And to get it recorded by Peugeot UK in case of warranty claim. Get an independent report of the fix at the cost to the dealer?

My dealer called today.... still no build date after being ordered on 26 March. At this rate it seems no chance of end of May delivery.
There's still chance Copper as my build date was 21st March and delivery at the dealers was 3 weeks and 2 days later on 12th April.
Gill
kensden

Post by kensden »

In today's modern age of technology where you can track the location of a pizza you have just ordered in real time, would you not think
that Peugeot/Dealer would give its customers a tracking number in order for the customer to track the progress of the build
and delivery status of the £25,000 plus car they have ordered.
Come on Peugeot sort yourselfs out and think of the customer!