Transmission noise when coasting 1.2 manual Allure

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
tamzin

Post by tamzin »

Hi all, Having owned and driven the car for 4 weeks now,i have noticed an annoying faint whine when coasting in gear.Having owned noisy diesel cars previously and not noticed a noise before, i was wondering if this is normal or if i need to get it checked at the dealers. Any advice please.
Tamzin

mridley

Post by mridley »

batfink

Post by batfink »

Hi, I have a grunting noise and a sounds like a catching or failing bearing from driver side of engine. AA been out and checked on computer but all ok with electrical side but mechanical side not as good. When car is just on turnover the noise gets worse. Can anyone help????? car is Peugeot 3008 1.5 diesel allure.
Rabpat60

Post by Rabpat60 »

I picked up my 1.2 GT line premium last week as soon as I drove it the whine from the gearbox between 30 to 40 mph under light load and coasting was very noticeable,I traded in a 67 plate 1.2 allure 3008 which had no gearbox noise after 15,000mls,the car is going to the dealer to get scratches removed by a professional detailer at which point I will let the service manager hear the noise I was a car mechanic for 30 years and can recognise a noise that should not be present.
batfink

Post by batfink »

just to let people know ,I purchased a new Peugeot 3008 allure 1.5 diesel sep 2018 .and a few weeks later I heard a noise that was coming from the driver side front wheel .had the RAC out he checked it out on his computer and found no fault took it out for a test drive and heard the same noise ,booked it into garage for a check to find that a fault was found on the Timing belt and bearing .this was changed at no cost ,and we have had no bother since . the noise was lick a grinding sound when stationary or traveling . mechanical not technical .