Map update v13

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
captain derk

Post by captain derk »

Has anyone tried to load the new map update version 13.release date 13/3/19 I get 10 mins into the process then comes up with map update-eur failed?

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I did manage to download it once but there was no .key file. Since then I have made several attempts but it fails after 1.5Gb has been downloaded as you say about 10 minutes.
red_snow

Post by red_snow »

Hello .... new owner here :-)

I initially used my Mac to attempt both the system firmware updates and the map update. I formatted the USB thumb drive (FAT32) and was able to successfully update the system firmware. However no matter what I did with the maps (including using different .TAR extractors), it failed within 10-15 seconds of the update

So today I used my Windows PC at work.
1. Formatted the USB drive again (Clicked defaults in the format options and ensured FAT32 was the file-system)
2. Re-downloaded the map update
3. Used 7-zip to extract directly to the USB drive (no manual folder creations etc). Therefore the USB drive "root" had the SWL folder and UpdateInfo.xml file

This worked!
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Interesting because that's what I got using an elderly PC running Widows XP! However because didn't have the .key file as detailed in the instructions I was loathe to install in the car.
captain derk

Post by captain derk »

Got a reply back from Peugeot support - told to use a different usb stick !!!!!!
Made no difference surprise surprise
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Yes it doesn't even get to the position that the USB stick is employed so what planet is the Peugeot person from?
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Downloaded this at the weekend without any issues.

Couple of things I’ve learnt;

When you format the flash drive don’t take the quick option. It takes a long time to do the full format but only needs doing the first time.
Unzip the file from your downloads to either your documents folder or create a new folder. Then copy the SWL folder onto the flash drive. This takes some time as well, but I’ve done it this way the last 2 times and it installed straight away.

I also downloaded the licence into a folder called Licence on the flash drive. Not sure if this is needed but it’s certainly not stopped this working.

Hope that helps.
kensden

Post by kensden »

Hi, Can you please post the link to Map update v13
Thank You
captain derk

Post by captain derk »

Here's the direct link supplied by Peugeot
http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP
/PSA_map-eur_13.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar

Had to post over two lines because for some reason if done on one then is shortened it.
kensden

Post by kensden »

Thank you for the link v13map