Gearbox problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
StaceyT

Post by StaceyT »

Hi,
I have a semi-automatic 2012 Peugeot 3008 whenever I start the car it comes up with “gearbox fault repair needed” now my partners brother who works in a garage has done a diagnostic on it and it comes up with the code P1712 which says “clutch actuator position signal coherence” . Can anybody tell me if there had this problem as the car isn’t letting us put it in any gear and how much it costed to repair .

I’ve got the AA parts and labour cover and wondering before it gets taken into a garage to try and fix the fault if anybody else has had this and what result it was and the cost.

Many thanks
Stacey

Adel79

Post by Adel79 »

I have the same issue with my 3008 , 2012, and still can't fix it , every garage gives you a different solution to the diagnostic, it could be the actuator not recognising the hear you are in , it could be the clutch , it could be the gear box, it could be a software update for the gear box ,... I would love to know aswell if u came to a solution or if anybody else had solve this issue
Tom158

Post by Tom158 »

Had the same on 2012 3008, turned out to be a faulty earth lead from battery. replaced and problem solved.