New owner CARPLAY issues - GT

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
danhayes22

Post by danhayes22 »

Hi all,

New owner of 3008 GT and love it, however having issues with getting CARPLAY to work/even be an option. All of the information around 3008s show CARPLAY is included on all models. I have updated the firmware to the latest iteration, and only have the option of CONNECTED APPS, MIRROR LINK and ANDROID AUTO, but the CARPLAY option is not there at all. Any ideas what to do, Peugeot state CARPLAY is on all models, "CarPlay® is available on all PEUGEOT passenger cars with a touchscreen."

https://media.peugeot.co.uk/file/59/1/carplay-user-guide.116591.pdf

Any ideas, I factory reset the system before upgrading the firmware, and this is a bit of a deal breaker for long journeys...!

Thank you!

Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Are you connecting via the usb under the piano switches? Doesn’t work by Bluetooth.

Also works best with an original white Apple cable rather than another branded one.
danhayes22

Post by danhayes22 »

yes to both questions :(
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

I’m at a loss! Sorry
red_snow

Post by red_snow »

I'm on Android Auto now but IIRC with Carplay, I had to ensure that Siri was enabled on the phone and my 3rd party USB/Lightning cable didn't work well, I ended up using the original Apple charging cable.

Also after a failed attempt to get it working, I started again by telling the phone to forget my car and tried again from scratch

Lastly my missus had wireless Carplay and to stop my phone connecting, I disabled Carplay at Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > allowed apps and disabled it ......... might be worth checking that your phone is ENABLED