Mudflaps

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Kevie000

Post by Kevie000 »

Can anyone be of any help, need a little advice.
I Have just purchased a set of mud flaps for my GT, I plan to fit them myself, my question is.
Has anyone on here fitted there own mud flaps, how easy is it to do and what can I expect ?
A close up photo would be of some help if at all possible.
Many Thanks

Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Hi Kevie,
I amin the same position as you. I have decided to discard the pop rivets and use large head screws instead. These require a 5mm drill. The front flaps can probably done without removing the wheels. The rears will need to wheels off as there is no room. I have a right angled drill adapter to make the drilling an easier job.
Kevie000

Post by Kevie000 »

Hi Old Salt,
Many thanks for your reply, have you fitted yours yet ?
Can I ask why you discard the pop rivets, just been out and got myself a rivet gun just for the job :lol:
Still waiting for mine to turn up, all being well should be tomorrow, if not looking at Tuesday :roll: Just wanted to have all the tools and info ready to start.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Car manufacturers go to great lengths to provide a decent paint finish to reduce chances of corrosion. In fitting these mudflaps you'll be drilling part of the body thus exposing bare metal which will eventually rust, Why ruin a car body to fit something as non sensical as mus flaps?
Kevie000

Post by Kevie000 »

Hi deccadick
I have been trying in advance to find out how these are fitted as mine have not turned up yet.
main dealer are asking to supply and fit these ยฃ210 so if I fit these myself I would be saving myself ยฃ 125
My other two cars I purchased from new I had them fitted by Peugeot, with all the confusion and very bad delivery dates I had forgotten to add to my order, I am hoping there is no drilling needed into the body work and that the rivet goes into the plastic skin of the wheel arch
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

deccadick wrote: โ†‘Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 pm Car manufacturers go to great lengths to provide a decent paint finish to reduce chances of corrosion. In fitting these mudflaps you'll be drilling part of the body thus exposing bare metal which will eventually rust, Why ruin a car body to fit something as non sensical as mus flaps?
Official OEM mudflaps, seriously would PSA expect you to drill into metal bodywork? I suggest you don't know much about the current 3008? In fact, even the cheap eBay after market flaps are fitted in the same fashion.
Kevie000

Post by Kevie000 »

Well my mud flaps came this morning, very happy with them.
Just finished fitting them, no drilling into metal, very happy about, 4 rivets in the front ones and 3 in the back, bottom fitting on back ones lined up with an existing fitting. For those of you that are interested, here are some photos of front and back.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Kevie000

Post by Kevie000 »

More photos

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Nice job Kevie!!