DPF warning and limp home? ECU?

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
g4jnw

Post by g4jnw »

Recently bought a 3008 sport 1.6hdi 2011, very high mileage but got it cheap.
The car had been stood for 2 months with only occasional start ups.

The warning is saying that there maybe a blockage or something like that.

What was strange was i was doing 70mph up the A1 at the time and had been for half an hour.

The previous owner said he had no faults like that, only a noise like the exhaust was clanking on the underside. That only happened to me a couple of times when going round a sharp bend so maybe a hanger or something but i doubt its anything to do with the DPF.

I put my OBD2 reader on and got a P0299 code which after searching says "indicates that the Turbo or Supercharger "A" has excessively low output. The ECU looks for a specific range of boost and when the low boost is detected by the ECU, it sets a P0299 code. This code will illuminate a Check Engine Light on the dashboard and may put the vehicle in limp mode."

It did go into limp mode after the warning came on.

Looking back at the service history, the owner before the last one had complained of ESP light coming on, which also came on at the same time as the above with me, this was cleared by the garage and did not come back on, same with me. He also had a Tunap Particulate clean, new glow plugs fitted, pre heater box 30k miles back, shortly before that he had the esp light on plus P0087 & P0093 and they replaced the fuel filter. Then in 2019 he had the ESP light on and 4 injectors replaced plus fuel pressure filter and ECU download thats only 3000 miles ago.

These repairs have all been with his local peugeot dealer, too far for me to travel.

My thought but maybe i can have your input, could it possibly be something to do with the ECU rather than the DPF?

g4jnw

Post by g4jnw »

Further to that or could it be a sensor, seems the owner 2 back has had it back so many times with a similar issue, maybe the garage has missed something.
I have just been back out to the car after clearing the codes and as soon as i start it the DPF error pops up but no other.
Manda260163

Post by Manda260163 »

No idea if you’ve sorted this out, BUT the DPF warning does indeed come on on these when doing a regeneration (there is a distinct smell when the car is doing this. A sweet burning smell. Very odd). The fan can remain on if interrupted. A diagnostic won’t always turn this light out. A short blast of around 12 miles thrashing it will clear it, as long as the warning light is AMBER. I suggest changing the fuel pressure sensor, then o2 sensor if no joy. It’s highly doubtful if DPF is culprit, although you can buy fluid to clean DPF online for £26. Remove DPF (nuts are a b***h on these though), soak in fluid and rinse through until filter runs clear. LEAVE UNTIL DRY (around 48-72 hours), then put back on car. Reset ecu and should be good to go. Check additive too, as mine was bone dry before low additive warning came on. DPF picked up a load of poop while no additive and was a fun few days, revving it for all its worth and cleaning etc. hope this helps somebody