New Forum member.

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pugal

Post by Pugal »

Hi everyone,
I have just purchased a 2017 Peugeot 3008 GTLine 1.6 turbo diesel . Looking forward to driving what is a beautiful vehicle. I've had several Peugeots over the many years I've been driving and have never had a serious problem with any of them.I personally think this is the best looking car they have ever made. I hope I can bring something to the forum and look forward to chatting with fellow members. I'm an old f@rt of 74, happily married and live in North East Lincolnshire.Thank you for accepting me to the forum.

Zmrstk002

Post by Zmrstk002 »

Hi All

We currently have a 3008 1.2 GT on order. My wife will be using this car for our 1st child and will become the family car, given her current Kia is to small.

We place the order at the start of September, and so far have not heard anything form the dealer with regards to updates. When we placed the order we where told to expect the current waiting time of 12-16 weeks, which would take us into January. Our daughter was born last week, so we are currently using my car for the time been (430) which is not really suitable for a child seat etc, but luckily so far we are not having to travel much.
But i was wondering if anyone has any updates on lead times, or has recently taken delivery of a vehicle.

On a side note the 1.2 engine seems small and under-powdered to me, given the size of the car (129bhp). When we went for the test drive the dealer only had a diesel model available to test (17 reg). While i understand this would not be a perfect comparison, the car felt very slow picking up through the gears. Given the diesel would have more torque, i would welcome any feedback from current owners as to how the car performers as a daily driver.

Thank you
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I have a 3008 1.2 EAT8 21 plate which was preceded by a similarly equipped 2008 (66 plate with EAT 6) and a 3008 (18 plate wirh EAT6). The 1,2 petrol engine is superb. Fuel consumption aroind town in winter can be as low as 32mpg. However a decent run returns 42mpg, We took the 3008 EAT6 through Holland and Germany in 2019 and it behaved superbly although no significant hills encountered. Fuel consumption increases substantially at Autobahn speeds but the whole journey returned better than 40 mpg. My annual mileage pre pandemic was 6000 but is now nearer 3000, either way fuel cost is very small compared with fixed costs, VED at £140, Insurance at £350, servicing at £250 and largest of all depreciation at about £3000 per annum.
wicky

Post by wicky »

On Monday 6th December I collected my new Peugeot 3008 hybrid 4 300 and would like to share experiences with others that have the same car. I have had a number of previous Peugeot cars and have never had any problems. However, certain remarks I have heard about my new model have given me some concerns. I am hoping that by talking to other owners we may find the facts from the fiction.