Fault code p16ao

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
simon mcintosh john

Post by simon mcintosh john »

Hi, guys, I need some advice I bought a Peugeot 3008 2010 back in February. Today I took LC as she is called for her MOT during the MOT the technician told me to press and let go of the accelerator, I did what was asked of me. When I pressed the accelerator the rev counter shot all away around to the red, there was a mass of black smoke and then the dashboard lite up like a Christmas tree with ESP/ASR system fault, engine management system fault, parking brake fault and when the garage connected the diagnostic machine the fault code of p16ao popped up the car is now stuck in limp mode. I have been informed that the turbo could be on its way out as the rev counter should not have gone all the way around? any advice would be great many thanks Simon

GreenApple

Post by GreenApple »

Hi Simon, so I went with my car like you (508). Do you managed to solve it?
Thanks, Joe
Lee.

Post by Lee. »

Your turbo has popped and your car will now be in limp mode as we have a few of these cars pop in with the same issues
pioneering18

Post by pioneering18 »

Please can anyone advice me on my Peugeot 3008, the car was left standing for about 6 weeks, it has been making a bit of a squeaking noise for a while before I had left it parked, when I drove it this time after arriving at my destination I noticed the noise had dramatically increased plus loss of power, had to call out the AA, he said it was the turbo, so he fiddled with it a bit, the noise lessened, but still had low power, today the car is blowing out blue smoke, went to Halfords, put some turbo cleaner in with the diesel, someone said it is giving out blue smoke it is too late to put the turbo cleaner in, would appreciate some advice. Thanks.