Hybrid Battery Range

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Skybird

Post by Skybird »

Received my 3008 71 plate in September when battery range was 31 miles. Now, regardless of how long I leave it on charge, max battery range is just 12 miles. 2600 total miles, mostly motorway. Dealer says this is normal as car works out how I drive and alters max range accordingly. I’m quite a conservative driver, but nevertheless what experience does anyone else have, is this correct, or does it appear to be a fault?

Many thanks.
Kind regards
Skybird

Boydepj1

Post by Boydepj1 »

I got a demo with 29 miles range which, in 3 months, has reduced to 19. Dealers not interested. Beginning to think I have bought a lemon.

The car was only charging 9.5 KW. So at my service the dealer did a check and it had 94% battery not 97? They did what they had to do and now its only y taking 7.5KW charge. Its warmed up a bit so that's showing as 18 miles. I have written to Peugeot but in despair. I dont normally struggle complaining but this has me beaten.
Last edited by Boydepj1 on Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skybird

Post by Skybird »

I suspect something is going on - if a Tesla started with 300 miles and dropped after six months to 150 miles, there would be an outcry. I am interested in hearing from other 3008 Hybrid users to understand if this is a fault, or if they have encountered the same thing?

Regards
Skybird
Kind regards
Skybird
KGE57

Post by KGE57 »

Received my 3008 71 plate in December when battery range was 16 miles. like Boydepj1 dealer is not interested, this is a serious defect. As for the car learning and understanding how I drive that bollocks. The battery is an inanimate object, should still charge to full (what ever that is) (38-40)
Mister Sandal

Post by Mister Sandal »

If you drive at 3 miles per kW you should theoretically get 39 miles range, somebody who is bit racy might drive at 2 miles per kW would only get 26 miles out of a full 13 kW charge. The range will reduce in winter, I usually get 32 to 36 miles from a full charge in summer but am down to 23 to 26 this winter. 16 miles does sound low, you are right to be disappointed with that.
NotEven

Post by NotEven »

I'm noticing that the range indicated is often less than the distance I actually travel on battery power - in some cases the range indicator in the car will sit at a certain distance and not drop despite running on electric only power for 3-5 miles. I'm also noticing that my range is never consistent - starting off at 32 miles, then dropping to 29 miles, next it dropped to 27 miles before picking back up to 28 miles. If it makes any difference I completely discharge the battery before charging again - not through choice, it's just down to charger locations for me.

Does anybody else here notice that the air con depletes the battery really quickly? I've only done limited motorway miles since collection so perhaps some longer journeys might completely change the range indications.

Out of interest, what does a full tank of petrol indicate as a range? For me it varies between 360 and 385 miles, that might give an indication of how the 3008 is interpreting your driving style.

I have a 71 plate Hybrid4 - not sure if there's much of a difference between the behaviour of the 225/300 versions of the car.
Phil1669

Post by Phil1669 »

I have also had this problem with low electric range, now between 14 and 16 miles ( see my previous posts on this subject). This is scandalous, also most on par with the the fiddling of diesel fuel efficiency figures that was exposed a few years ago. Add this to the fact that Peugeot also stick their heads in the sand re the 'Electric mode not available - Ambient Conditions' problem makes it doubly bad. Their attitude seems to be 'we've had your money, now clear off and stop bothering us. I am at the position now that I feel it is time to seek legal advise re miss-selling a product.
Marsha 123

Post by Marsha 123 »

I too having same problem had car 3 weeks and full charge only showing 20 mile range .rang my dealer who said it was the way I drive. Told me it predicts range , give it a month then come back to us. Is it me it advertised 39miles on a full charge. That's what it should do not 20 that's 50 percent drop. Petrol mpg not to good. I had a 3 ltr Merc before I bought this and that give me a average of 36mpg not much less than I'm getting with this.
FedUp77

Post by FedUp77 »

Morning all. New to the forum, so be kind! Took delivery of 71 plate GT Line in October. Full charge showed 36 miles - happy days. Not once since then have I got near that. Now the temperature has dropped quite a bit, maximum is 11 miles electric charge. It costs me £2.20 to get a full charge due to poor tariffs at the moment, and my electric supplier does not recognise the 3008 Hybrid on their system so wont give an EV rate for charge. The car depletes this very quickly on a longer run, so unless I am running in town at 30mph, it is really not efficient. I agree with those that have said the dealer is not interested. I took mine in to query the poor battery charge, and was handed a piece of paper stating how the range is determined, but also how the ambient temperature affects the battery life. Unfortunately mine is a company car which I am tied to for 3 years. If it was personal, it would be gone by now. To add insult to injury, due to the poor mpg and rubbish battery charge, my fuel is now being calculated at 22p per mile - awful. Also agree that AC / heated Seats etc all have a huge impact on range.
Hate to admit it, but wish I had gone for an oil burner again.
Phil1669

Post by Phil1669 »

Welcome to the club. I have the same problem and same response from Peugeot. I've had enough. I just written to my local Trading Standards Office to see if we have a case for miss-selling which I think we may well have. Had they told me at point of sale that actually, I would only be getting 12-15 range I would have got up and walked away. The 'Electric mode not available - Ambient Conditions' warning has nothing to do with temperature. I get the problem Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn. I am also sending a copy of my letter to the Bbc Watchdog program as I feel that this problem deserves national attention just as the Fraudulent Diesel MPG figures did. I would encourage everyone on this forum to make as much fuss as possible then perhaps Peugeot will take the matter seriously.