Tom Tom map updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

Long standing topic I know but is it possible to update the maps on the sat nav (3008), to allow for the inclusion of UK post codes when selecting a destination address?

Just experienced a frustrating journey where the actual destination involved a location on a very long named road. Without the specific post code, the sat nav merely takes you to the road, which means you could be anywhere along it but where you need to be. The post code would have narrowed the search.

I gather from the Tom Tom website that UK post codes can now be uploaded into the sat nav system but unsure whether this is available for fixed in car systems like the Peugeot.

ganoo.beast333

Post by ganoo.beast333 »

I’ve just updated my maps. You need the my Peugeot app and be registered for the maps. The app in car updates tells you if there is any. You download them with the Peugeot download tool on a Mac or windows pc. Put them on a usb drive. Put them in your usb in the car and the car does the rest.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I have had several 3008's and they have all had the capability by default of entering a UK postcode directly, it's just not obvious (well to me anyway).

From memory, although it doesn't mention anything about entering a postcode on the route input screen; where it asks you for the City, you just enter the postcode instead of the City (followed by a space and then the house number - if required?), and that's it.