Failure of Adblue tank and injector

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Qwerty Peugeot

Post by Qwerty Peugeot »

Whilst in  England on holiday , the engine warning light and Ad blue light appeared on the vehicle dashboard.

The Ad blue had been checked prior to the journey, the tank was full, also in my ownership the tank has never been empty. 

The warning message on the dashboard informed me that in approximately 500 kilometres the vehicle will not start .

I left the vehicle at a Peugeot Dealership garage in England  to investigate the problem, after three days I was informed the Adblue tank and injector required complete  replacement. 

Due to the shortage of spare parts my vehicle was in the garage for two weeks. 

The cost of this repair/ replacement amounted to £1670.04  (GBP) because I needed the vehicle, it was repaired and paid for by me. I have documentary evidence to support this. 

I have carried out an investigation with a number of Peugeot garages in England and the internet and discovered that Peugeot are fully aware of this inherent problem and have redesigned the Adblue tank and injector on newer vehicles.

Peugeot  garages informed me that on average they have two cars per day with an Adblue fault.

I fail to understand that despite this known fault, Peugeot have not informed  customers and therefore, by their silence, leave the problem and the repair costs to the customer. 

I further fail to understand why my vehicle, has not been recalled to rectify this problem. 

I therefore seek reimbursement from Peugeot for the cost of the repair, £1670.04 (GBP) to my vehicle, which is four years old and has travelled  91459 kilometres. 

Flaxr9

Post by Flaxr9 »

Hi

Have you had any success,with Oeugeot I am facing a similar situation. My car is going into my local garage this week

Thanks,Andy
mar5uk

Post by mar5uk »

Same problem, driving from home in Spain to UK got same message. Made it to destination just before Christmas. Peugeot main dealer said too busy, no diagnostic till after new year so got local garage to do repair, Knox sensor injector and tank £1800. 5 year old car, similar km. Just hope the new parts last longer. Good luck on your claim from Peugeot.
Peugeot tanker

Post by Peugeot tanker »

Same issue on a 2016, low mileage and having the tank replaced today, £1250, not happy
SYPete

Post by SYPete »

Hi, 2017 model, adblue light came on "1500 miles left". Bought some Adblue and filled tank up, light still on with warning message although now down to "1200 miles left". Have it booked in to a local independent to see if he can reset/cure it.
Sandy S

Post by Sandy S »

3008. 2 litres and on way home last night light came on so went into garage filled up with adblue and light still on and saying 700 mls until engine shuts down I bought warranty thinking no problem as only done 1500 mls since purchased phone they put on machine to see if only diagnostic £120 if it is money back if not pay and adblue system not covered I have to travel 100ml there back so panic miles going down is this a serious problem to fix I don’t know about cars
Sandy S

Post by Sandy S »

Sy Pete did they resolve the light issue as I have same problem. I’m in worry mode as it says 700 miles
Andrew Hunter

Post by Andrew Hunter »

I have a 2017 Peugeot 3008 bought it in 2018 from dealer in Chester I have the engine fault adblu message
Diagnostic check at local garage cist me 174.00
They say injector within tank needs replacing
Peugeot have loads on order for customers with same fault and no date of delivery such a backlog
Has anyone had any joy with Peugeot
Clearly a fault with 2017 model which I understand had been rectified
Ariana Viana

Post by Ariana Viana »

Have the same issue on my 3008. showing faulty emissions and have been told that its a failure of the Adblue injector.
Has anyone tried reaching Peugeot directly to find out how to open a claim?
badger4071

Post by badger4071 »

Not feeling much joy reading these posts - my 3008 has just developed the dreaded emissions fault. I have had experience of this before with a 308 that was fortunately under warranty. Over 12 months it was back in for the same fault 6 times and off the road for a total of a month. They never managed to fix it and in the end took the vehicle back and offered me the 3008 as a replacement. If it had not been in warranty it would have cost me well over £6k for the parts they replaced and the labour.