Video Files

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Paul100

Post by Paul100 »

Hi Guys

I just joined and have a question .... sorry if it is already been covered but I couldn't see it anywhere.

I have a 2018 1.2 Allure and am trying to get the infosystem to play video files, not that I want to watch them while we are travelling but if the system is capable of playing video I want to make it work just so I feel satisfied I have worked out how to do it.

I have video files on a USB and the system will list them if I press the Video source option on screen, but it tells me it cant paly this format. I have tried AVI and MP4 files and get the same message.

Can anyone advise if I am missing something obvious or what video file format the infosystem will play

Thanks guys

emadernest

Post by emadernest »

I think Peugeot has disabled this function out of safety precautions. However, I have read in another forum that if you connect a "jailbreaked" iphone, you can play the videos you have on it via carplay but I have not tried and I think I won't.
wildebed

Post by wildebed »

There's a file you can download for Android that allows you to sideload apps that display video in Android Auto. Google it.